Glebe Road Junction.

hybridangel77

• 3 months later...

Hi all

just a quick message to let you all know that i am still alive and that i have just started work on the layout for the first time since xmas.

i am now working on the other side of the layout where the tmd will be so keep an eye out for some updates this weekend.

hopefully i will have some photos to show you all or a video instead which will be uploaded to my youtube page and posted onto this post.

so keep an eye out for it.

terry

• Like 9

thanks for the comments guys. no the xbox one is still enormous fun ian... jaz/ i have taken time out from the layout to spend some time with the wife and kids to get 

our lives back on track after the loss of our daughter.in fact it was her second birthday last week so we are still a little upset so i have spent most nights in the loft 

this week to take my mind of her.

so now i should get into full swing on the building side of the layout and maybe get to run all my new locos i have purchased over the last few months that are still 

in their boxes.

thanks for the comments guys. no the xbox one is still enormous fun ian... jaz/ i have taken time out from the layout to spend some time with the wife and kids to get 

our lives back on track after the loss of our daughter.in fact it was her second birthday last week so we are still a little upset so i have spent most nights in the loft 

this week to take my mind of her.

so now i should get into full swing on the building side of the layout and maybe get to run all my new locos i have purchased over the last few months that are still 

in their boxes.

Nice to see you back on here Terry!!

cheers neil..

Its goid to be ralph and i have lots of ideas for the layout some of which are under way so a video update will be added to youtube first then some photos after here on rmweb.

i just need my good friend tom (swifty11) to upload my video onto rmweb for me again as im to old to learn something new lol.

• Like 1

Its goid to be ralph and i have lots of ideas for the layout some of which are under way so a video update will be added to youtube afirst then some photos after here on rmweb.

i just need my good friend tom (swifty11) to upload my video onto rmweb for me again as im to old to learn something new lol.

all you need to do Terry is upload it to you tube then copy and paste the link onto here and post. We're never to old to learn check my latest one out just a idea I put to practise.

Cheers Ian

Its goid to be ralph and i have lots of ideas for the layout some of which are under way so a video update will be added to youtube first then some photos after here on rmweb.

Sent you a PM Terry!

thanks for the comments guys. yes the sweeping curve adds to the realism i think and i am thinking of adding some peco curved points on that bend to add to the affect. 

hopefully i will have some photos to post here by the weekend just to show it up close and in more detail.

i am also looking at buying the cobalt point motors for all the points on this side but as im new to the point motor side of things im not sure which ones are good and whats not.

so i need info into which are good and not too expensive if anyone has good knowledge on this subject, much appreciated.

terry 

• Like 1

Hi Terry,

Just found your layout on youtube/Rm web yesterday and have watched most of the vids, May I say that you have A Great layout, and for a newbie diesel modeller I am somewhat in ore of Glebe Road :O

Though many of the rolling stock is new to me and I am trying to catch up with the times  :scratchhead:  

Many Thanks and I will keep following your progress :thankyou:

Best Wishes

Dan

Hi Terry,

Just found your layout on youtube/Rm web yesterday and have watched most of the vids, May I say that you have A Great layout, and for a newbie diesel modeller I am somewhat in ore of Glebe Road :O

Though many of the rolling stock is new to me and I am trying to catch up with the times  :scratchhead:  

Many Thanks and I will keep following your progress :thankyou:

Best Wishes

Dan

hi dan

thanks for the kind comnent on my layout and im pleased that you find it enjoyable. The reason i share it with others is to hopefully help those that are new to the hobby just like i once was six years ago and found it hard to become good at the hobby as there was no one at hand to help me on my way.but i just badgered every one within this hobby for tips and info on how too,s and found that without having help along the way i could have ended up wasting so much money and time.

So im here as is every one else on rmweb and youtube if there are questions you have or just in need of help and i will do my best in aiding you.

all the best pal.

terry

hi dan

thanks for the kind comnent on my layout and im pleased that you find it enjoyable. The reason i share it with others is to hopefully help those that are new to the hobby just like i once was six years ago and found it hard to become good at the hobby as there was no one at hand to help me on my way.but i just badgered every one within this hobby for tips and info on how too,s and found that without having help along the way i could have ended up wasting so much money and time.

So im here as is every one else on rmweb and youtube if there are questions you have or just in need of help and i will do my best in aiding you.

all the best pal.

terry

Yeah same as Terry but I've only been at it 14 months. But I am younger than Terry lol. :)

hi dan

all the best pal.

terry

Hi Terry,

No worries about the kind comments, credit where credit is due .. :thankyou: Still watching and catching up where you started.

I sure have got along way to go in regards to learning about the diesel era, having modelled mostly steam for years now .. I knew little of diesels but as I was only building small western branches .. So I had no call for diesel operations as the headshunt for station loop was to small, although do have a decent railcar which was only diesel service.

But just recently I got bitten by the bug of curiousness and wanted to start diesel modelling by building a Tmd .. Now after all encouragement  on this Awesome site and Huge inspirational input via Glebe Road, Everard Junction and few others ...I am now planning a continuous double track mainline station and Tmd in the Garage :imsohappy: 

Just yesterday I pulled out my baseboards to which I had in storage ( two 8'x2' chipboard braced with 3"x1" timber) fully dusted off and now awaiting legs to be bolted on. I am sure these baseboards should be ok for use in the garage, what do you think?.

I would be Very greatful for any further advice please? :good: 

Many Thanks

Dan

Saw your last you tube, glad to see you have some mojo back. And to hear that you have been spending time with the family. Although we all like seeing you moving forward on the layout, it cannot be at the expense of other parts of your life. enjoyed seeing the purchases including the Sentinel...I can sympathise with the going to paint it....it is BRIGHT. Are you going to trying weather it first, just for the fun, or go straight to yellow?