Glebe Road Junction.

hybridangel77

Hi Terry,

No worries about the kind comments, credit where credit is due .. :thankyou: Still watching and catching up where you started.

I sure have got along way to go in regards to learning about the diesel era, having modelled mostly steam for years now .. I knew little of diesels but as I was only building small western branches .. So I had no call for diesel operations as the headshunt for station loop was to small, although do have a decent railcar which was only diesel service.

But just recently I got bitten by the bug of curiousness and wanted to start diesel modelling by building a Tmd .. Now after all encouragement  on this Awesome site and Huge inspirational input via Glebe Road, Everard Junction and few others ...I am now planning a continuous double track mainline station and Tmd in the Garage :imsohappy: 

Just yesterday I pulled out my baseboards to which I had in storage ( two 8'x2' chipboard braced with 3"x1" timber) fully dusted off and now awaiting legs to be bolted on. I am sure these baseboards should be ok for use in the garage, what do you think?.

I would be Very greatful for any further advice please? :good: 

Many Thanks

Dan

Hi Dan

Well first of all i just wanted to say welcome to the dark side as most steamies would call us and im sure you will have enormous fun modeling the diesel era mate.

What year(s) you thinking of replicating or are you just going to run anything like me?

In regards to the boards you have already built in the garage id say you have a good head start already and you should be starting at the fun part which is the

track planning stage...but im sure you already know that being a past steam modeler.My only advice is to make sure the boards are still serviceable i.e. not warped etc.

Have you got yourself any diesel models yet and will you be selling your old steam to fund the new project?

Terry 

Saw your last you tube, glad to see you have some mojo back. And to hear that you have been spending time with the family. Although we all like seeing you moving forward on the layout, it cannot be at the expense of other parts of your life. enjoyed seeing the purchases including the Sentinel...I can sympathise with the going to paint it....it is BRIGHT. Are you going to trying weather it first, just for the fun, or go straight to yellow?

Hi Jaz

Thanks again for the kind words and no i think im going to just dive in the deep end and respray the sentinel shunter from scratch.

But im first going to wait until i have got another one so i can respray both into yellow and use them both as my main TMD yard shunters and name them 

as shunter one and two or even name them after either my two sons or my two daughter but not sure yet.

Terry

• Like 1

Hi Dan

Well first of all i just wanted to say welcome to the dark side as most steamies would call us and im sure you will have enormous fun modeling the diesel era mate.

What year(s) you thinking of replicating or are you just going to run anything like me?

In regards to the boards you have already built in the garage id say you have a good head start already and you should be starting at the fun part which is the

track planning stage...but im sure you already know that being a past steam modeler.My only advice is to make sure the boards are still serviceable i.e. not warped etc.

Have you got yourself any diesel models yet and will you be selling your old steam to fund the new project?

Terry 

Hi Terry,

Cheers, must say it's great to be learning something new and have that thirst for knowledge back once more :) 

as for modelling year(s) I am really not to sure yet .. although after a good session up at my railway club last night and asking Loads of questions to the hardcore diesel fans (of which most do work on the real thing)  which went very well.

I do kind of like the 90's period and I have a new fondness for Network Southeast stocks .. but I might just go along with modelling what suits me or what I want to run. 

Yeah the boards are well and truly solid .. and no evidence what so ever of warping. I built this type of heavy and well braced baseboard as its what I was going to use it in my shed, so with varying temp changes .. needs called for heavy duty bases. As for track plans .. I am still looking over many different style layouts and looking for ideas .. though between you, Everard junction, Dean park and Newchapel junction think I have got loads of ideas to which I am playing around with.. That's if you don't mind me borrowing few ideas of yours?.

But once I'm there though I will post up a track plan :good:  I do have 5 loco's already all EWS livery they are classes 37,47,60, 66 and 67 but that's just the beginning, just got 2 Dmu class 117 Nse livery today. think that's enough to get me started.

What you been up to, any new stock for Easter?.

Best wishes

Dan 

Hi Terry,

Just read through your new post and had a good gander at the pictures .. Awesome as usual   :good: 

The more I look at your layout, from all different angles it just oozes that certain railway atmosphere.

Great work and as always (as a Fan) look forward to your next update.

Oh by the way .. now having caught up with all your other latest updates, the new Tmd site is in much better place .. It just looks right. The sense of space and the depot look about it. Though do slightly agree with another comment - that being to make the depot building a through one .. more storage for those unexpected future bargains or possible dmu stabling??.

Dan :thankyou: 

Thanks for the comment guys....i tried to catch as much of the real atmosphere as possible in the photos and hopefully they did my layout justice.

as for your comment dan on making the dmu shed a through shed i think your maybe right and im going to see what plans i can come up with over the weekend mate.

keep an eye out for more photos this weekend.

terry

Enjoyed your new video as always. Even spurred me on to buy one of those RM Class 128s! I model ER so I didn't have reason for one until I saw a photo of 55995 at York and plus your video was enough for me to place an order on Hattons!