Glebe Road Junction.

hybridangel77

Enjoyed your new video as always. Even spurred me on to buy one of those RM Class 128s! I model ER so I didn't have reason for one until I saw a photo of 55995 at York and plus your video was enough for me to place an order on Hattons! 

Thanks for that tidbit! I was thinking of not getting one either but I have to have one now !! May get a blue one with flush fronts, yellow ends as there is photos of one at Doncaster

Edited by thebritfarmer

• 2 months later...

I have had this Bachmann engine shed sitting on the shelf gathering dust for a while so i thought it would make a good loco wash 

once i have altered it slightly. The lettering that i added on the side is from Slaters and i have yet to paint and weather the lower 

lettering to match the top.

post-17682-0-27980900-1405197757.jpg

• Like 5

I have also been scratch building this signal box over the last few weeks.I have yet to add the interior before the roof is added and then i have to add 

the steps up to the upper floor but im having trouble finding a kit that will do the job.......any ideas as to where i could find one anyone?

post-17682-0-29955600-1405198177.jpg

• Like 5

On top of the tunnel mouth will be a small road and single rail track which will be for a loading siding for the concrete plant. A security fence will be added 

by the foot path and the track will be heavily weathered and overgrown as i would not see much traffic.

post-17682-0-42573800-1405198820.jpg

• Like 7

Great updates there Terry I see you have been a busy bee on the layout and seem to have found your way again. That is always good for your followers including myself. It will be good to see some trains running the full loop on Glebe rd

Cheers Ian

Hi Terry great photos. I like the TMD layout looks very busy looking forward to seeing you detailing the area as the station & small TMD are excellent one of the best I've seen. I've been following your progress on youtube but is great to see photo progress too

Cheers Keith

Hi terry,

Its looking rather good!

The depot has a really natural feel to it, not crammed with track and just the right amount of buildings.

The retaining walls look excellent, slopping them makes them look even more impressive to me.

I just watched your latest youtube video and the Turners yard also looks better now you've turned it 90 degrees.

The whole layouts looking brilliant. 

Graham.

Thanks for the comments guys. The next job is to start painting the retaining wall and tunnel as soon as i get the time.

I agree with you Graham about the wall....sloping it really does give it a nice added affect and im planning on adding a few little platforms at the top with metal 

railings around with ladders and flood lights (maintenance platforms) and also electric cables running along the wall.

Turning the turners yard round is a much better option as you can see in the yard now but i need to get some more woodwork done around it for it to fit in.

I have also been scratch building this signal box over the last few weeks.I have yet to add the interior before the roof is added and then i have to add 

the steps up to the upper floor but im having trouble finding a kit that will do the job.......any ideas as to where i could find one anyone?

images, signal box interiors',................click on an image,you like, then visit it's page, to see detail's.

Hi Terry

Like a number if others I have been subscribed to you're YouTube channel for a while. I've quite enjoyed your honesty when it comes to getting something wrong and so completely redoing it.

Simon

Totally agree, how else,do we learn, on our road of............. perception.

Looks great Terry, your scratch building always looks fantastic.

The wall looks excellent, gives the layout a real London feel. Reminds me of the lines that head down to the low level platforms at St Pancras.

Keep up the good work :) 

Looks great Terry, your scratch building always looks fantastic.

The wall looks excellent, gives the layout a real London feel. Reminds me of the lines that head down to the low level platforms at St Pancras.

Keep up the good work :) 

Thanks for the comment richard.

I just have the big task of painting it all now and making it look realistic with all the added little details.

Terry

Just seen the update Terry. That reaining wall and the overbridge is looking Very tasty!

Top work, as usual!

Dave

Thanks dave.....Still a hell of a long way to go before i reach your standards but im working hard on it. Im going up the loft tonight to fill in the gaps and give the wall and tunnel its first coat of paint

and look at adding all the little details.

Terry

• RMweb Gold

The new area is looking great. I have used the Springside signal box interior, it is good, especially as you can get two different sizes of kit. Looking forward to more progress soon.

Mike

• Like 1