Glebe Road Junction.

hybridangel77

Hi Terry. really good work with the bridge i like the way the tracks sweep across it from the main lines. Even your basic track work looks great with no scenery. am really looking forward to see your completed TMD

keep up the good work

keith

Thanks for the positive comments guys.....i am eager to get back into the loft and carry on with the build but with work being busy this week and me 

being out on the razz this saturday and will probably be nursing a hang over come sunday and will most likely be sleeping for most of it.

But there is always next weekend as im sure the layout wont be going anywhere.

• Like 2

...being out on the razz this saturday and will probably be nursing a hang over come sunday and will most likely be sleeping for most of it...

My kind of weekend! :yahoo:

Layout looks great, keep up the good work sir. I too look forward to some depot scenics.

My kind of weekend! :yahoo:

Layout looks great, keep up the good work sir. I too look forward to some depot scenics.

"My kind of weekend"  i dont i will be saying that come sunday...it will be more the case of...."I wish i had not gone out this weekend" lol.

Anyway im looking forwards to starting the scenics around the TMD as i have lots of good ideas for it.

• Like 1

Sorry Terry, I am banning myself from your thread because it gives me too many ideas , and too much temptation to take a saw to gowerton parkway lol

LOL thats the only issue with this bloody web site....to many good layouts that set the bar far to high and the rest of us spend our whole lives and money trying to keep up lol

Just caught up with this thread and all I can say is WOW!

Excellent work once again Terry and a very impressive level of progress.  I wish I could work that quickly!!

Thanks richard.....Well i have not spent much time on the layout over the last year, so now i have found the enthusiasm for model railways again i have so many ideas 

and plans to crack on with.And to be honest i was at a loss as to what i wanted on the other side of the layout which was one of the reasons why i took a break from it.

But no matter how hard i work on it mate i still have a long way to go to get it up to your level, Which reminds me...when is your next update?

Terry

Thanks neil....its funny how you never see your own layout in the same light as others and always think it can be better.

Yer totaly agree with you there Terry,

model railways is never ending hobby,always something to swop,change or improve :paint:  :senile:  :mail: only sad part is the prices ££ always creep up every year...

Evening all.

Although i was feeling worse for wear today after a night out on the town i some how managed to find the energy to get up 

into the loft and do some more on the bridge.....but i did have to wait for my head to stop spinning for a few hours first tho!!!

I took these photos at the end of todays modelling session so the project is far from finished.

The ballast is down and glued and has also been weathered using an airbrush....the weeds have been too.I just stuck down the 

security fence but not to sure about it so it may change to something more suitable at a later date.

As you can see from the photos i have started on the road but still more weathering needs to be done to it yet.

I spent some time doing some electrics which i hate doing and got a couple of street lights fitted to the pathways. 

post-17682-0-92194400-1407693782.jpg

post-17682-0-66487000-1407693792.jpg

post-17682-0-63195200-1407693801.jpg

post-17682-0-60306000-1407693811.jpg

• Like 4

I got stuck into the hillside today too...the plaster cloth was added during the week so it was bone dry today ready for a few coats 

of earth colour undercoats then a scatter of fine turf was added then a few layers of static grass using the applicator.

I just have to wait for it to dry over night so i can hoover up all the loose grass etc ready for the final touches.

I have placed a tree by the hillside along with a line side hut but are unsure on both so they may well be removed yet.

post-17682-0-13316300-1407694315.jpg

post-17682-0-94149900-1407694323.jpg

post-17682-0-58470700-1407694337.jpg

post-17682-0-38689600-1407694347.jpg

post-17682-0-43736500-1407694355.jpg

• Like 6

Evening all.

Although i was feeling worse for wear today after a night out on the town i some how managed to find the energy to get up 

into the loft and do some more on the bridge.....but i did have to wait for my head to stop spinning for a few hours first tho!!!

I took these photos at the end of todays modelling session so the project is far from finished.

The ballast is down and glued and has also been weathered using an airbrush....the weeds have been too.I just stuck down the 

security fence but not to sure about it so it may change to something more suitable at a later date.

As you can see from the photos i have started on the road but still more weathering needs to be done to it yet.

I spent some time doing some electrics which i hate doing and got a couple of street lights fitted to the pathways. 

youve really worked on that part of the layoutt. Looks great!

Evening all.

I have wanted to respray my Hornby sentinel shunter for some time now and finally got round to doing it.

I spent an hour stripping it right now to bare bones which include removing all windows, wipers and all hand rails ready for 

rubbing down and prepping for it to be primed.

As you can see it started life in the ESSO red livery which im not keen on and did not fit in with the layout so i have always 

wanted to respray it into warning yellow like some were in real life.

I set about searching online for suitable photos to copy....once found i started to respray the model.

post-17682-0-29300100-1407783715.jpg

• Like 2