Glebe Road Junction.

hybridangel77

Hi Terry latest pics look good, though class 37/4s didn't have split boxes. If you change the number the nose grilles will be wrong, sorry.

This may not bother you as its your layout but thought you might like to know.

Cheers Peter.

• Like 1

Hi Terry latest pics look good, though class 37/4s didn't have split boxes. If you change the number the nose grilles will be wrong, sorry.

Cheers Peter.

hi pcm terry knows as neil (class66) mentioned it up the post and im guessing neil sold him the split heads 

• Like 1

Hi all

Today i spent a few hours starting work on the hard standing around the TMD loco shed. It's only the start with so much work left to do on it.

It has been built using 30thou Plastikard stacked on top of one another.

Still got to fill the gaps and prime it ready for painting.

post-17682-0-18416000-1414339033.jpg

post-17682-0-24818000-1414339036.jpg

post-17682-0-98998900-1414339040.jpg

post-17682-0-27321400-1414339046.jpg

• Like 9

Cheers Peter.

To be honest i don't know to much about the real thing....so if i change the number and the nose grilles will it be prototypical then?

That NSE 47 is just beautiful!!!!!! :imsohappy:

I'll say it again, that Sentinal looks just so right.

As far as the 37 goes Terry, Peter is right, 37/4's were never split box, it would probably make a nice L/Logo Scottish loco. Someone on here would probably suggest a number of a prototype for you. As for the nose grilles, I'm about as in the dark as you are!!

All in all the layout is certainly coming on, your work is really detailed, especially those signal gantries!!! How are you getting on with the LED's and wires?

Jinty ;-)

That NSE 47 is just beautiful!!!!!! :imsohappy:

I'll say it again, that Sentinal looks just so right.

As far as the 37 goes Terry, Peter is right, 37/4's were never split box, it would probably make a nice L/Logo Scottish loco. Someone on here would probably suggest a number of a prototype for you. As for the nose grilles, I'm about as in the dark as you are!!

All in all the layout is certainly coming on, your work is really detailed, especially those signal gantries!!! How are you getting on with the LED's and wires?

Jinty ;-)

The 47 does look nice especially now i have painted the jump cables black lol. Your right about the sentinel tho mate and it's my best work yet i think.

As for the 37 i'm not to sure what im going to do with it as i now know it's not prototypical but i do like the way it looks now so it may end up staying like it.

I have not yet made a start on the signal heads for the gantry as i am getting a lot of electrical work together so i can do it all in one hit as i hate doing electrics....just 

another thing on my never ending list of jobs to do.

Oh i have also literally a moment ago just treated myself to a new loco and one i have wanted for so long but as it was a limited addition is very hard to come by but i managed to find one brand new. It is the Bachmann class 85 in triple grey and it looks so awesome. Can't wait to run it later in the week.

Terry 

• Like 1