7mm Narrow Gauge Open Day, Mickleover, Derby 2nd Feb

Mike Bellamy

• RMweb Premium

Everyone is invited to the following event

7mm Narrow Gauge Open Day (was a 'Members' Day' but is open to all)

Saturday 2nd February 2013 10.00am to 4.00pm

Admission £3

Mickleover Community Centre,

Uttoxeter Road,

Mickleover,

Derby.

DE3 0DA

Light refreshments available

Featuring the Trent Valley Area Group Layout - Henmore (Ashbourne Park Road) and the On30 layout from the West Midlands Group.

Trade support from EDM Models, Port Wynnstay Models, Minimum Gauge Models, Chris Ward Railways, 7mmNGA Sales, Second Hand and Publications.

Plenty of room for other modelling displays, 'bring and buy', layouts, demos etc. Please contact me and let me know if you want to offer something - it doesn't have to be 7mm !!

Thanks to Paul at EDM you will find information on his website here

http://www.ngtrains..../Shows/tvg3.htm

As some of you may have seen, Phil Traxson from Port Wynnstay is moving house soon and this may be his last show for a while - until solicitors sort out dates he's not sure if he can get to Shepton later in the month but if anything changes we'll let you know.

Please also note that this is a change of date from that originally announced although the change has been well publicised in the 7mmNGA newsletter - I have to take responsibility for that - as Chairman of the Community Centre I thought I would get first choice of dates but the one selected had already been booked out to another group. This means that this year we clash with the Stafford show, which for a one off is unavoidable - but won't happen again !

Hope to see you there

Mike

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Time for an update . . . . . .

As well as the attractions mentioned above, there will be two more layouts, a display of completed models, at least two members selling surplus stock and Paul Martin of EDM Models will be running a soldering and kit building demonstration (Health and Safety Warning - knives are sharp and soldering irons are hot) - come and get your fingers burnt !!

• RMweb Premium

Time for another update as we finalise the exhibits - as well as those mentioned in the first post above, we should have the following

Coney Hill Light Railway   David Rae's small 0 gauge layout with a 12mm (20") narrow gauge feeder line. Described in detail on RM Web at http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/65446-coney-hill-light-railway/

Nurton Hall   A Small O9 Estate layout. A new topic has just been started here

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/67657-nurton-hall-estate-railway-o9/

Allt-Na-Ballt   by Bob Hughes – a very small ‘Pizza’ style O9 layout

Un-named layout   by local modeller and new 7mmNGA member Neil Blair. Small O and O-16.5mm combination layout.

Modelling display   (making a start in 14mm?) by Neil Blair

Second hand sales   by Neil Blair, James Corsi and Mike Bellamy (about time I cleared some stuff I’ll never do anything with!!)

Soldering Clinic

As well as having the EDM Models trade stand in attendance Paul will be running a soldering demo/clinic. If you have never soldered a kit or have one you're stuck with come along and learn from someone who has already made all the mistakes.

• RMweb Premium

following on from this week's BBC2 feature on the WHR it's probably a good job I'm stripping tiles off the bathroom wall on Saturday! - running a dual gauge line into the goods shed on Fourgig would be difficult!

Come on - you know it makes sense - even your kids know what a narrow gauge engine is now don't they!

Can't you get away for a hour or two - got two layouts where you could run your standard gauge stock . . . . . .

• RMweb Premium

Final reminder from me - 2 layouts and 3 traders set up last nightwith the rest due this morning, catering supplies sorted, got the cash float and my few bits of 2nd hand ready. - sounds like i'm almost organised !

Hope to see some of you later

Mike

• RMweb Premium

Don't forget when you are in the locality that Stafford exhibition is this weekend and that the 0.16.5 layout built by the Stafford R C "Seagone" that is in this months Railway Modeller is one of the three narrow gauge layouts at the exhibition.

Full details on www.staffordrailwaycircle.org.uk

I also notice a large amount of narrow gauge kits on the secondhand stand Wrightlines, Mercian, Peco, Springside, Branchlines

Eltel

Archived