Lineside Signage

DigitalGraham

Guest stuartp

Network Rail's Safety 365 campaign started around 2004 so very recently I should say.

The only signage I ever saw at a BR access point was a small red standard trespass notice, you were lucky if there was a gate and steps up/down the banking at some of the more remote ones.

Smart looking sign. It does not really add any more information than what you should know in the first place but given the increased use of contractors who do not always seem to be as au fait with the area as you might wish I think it is a good idea. At the access point to work sites in possessions the contractors often put up a large amount of signage nowadays of the sort you would expect to see at the entrance to a building site.

Eggesford, it is true about the contractors and the reason for it is because the Health and Safety Executive regard a possession and/or worksite as a construction site, and because of that there is a requirement to tell anyone entering the "construction" site of the PPE required, any potential hazards, what traffic there maybe, the location of the site and nearest hostpitals/first aid ... the list is a little OTT because no one can remember it all when you are actually at the site of work!

Archived