Kinmundy

steve1

• 3 months later...

Just a couple of months now before the layout departs for pastures new, and some of the stock too. So thoughts are turning to a cameo or quickie layout set in early 70's Scotland.

Or 50's Wrexham area....or 1912 Cambrian.....or S scale BR (s)....or 3mm WR....

Decisions, decisions!

• Like 3
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Cheers Peter! 

Lost the modelling mojo over winter,but currently working on some ex LNER stock.

Can get away with a lot of Modellers Licence with NE Wales, and I am also loath to part with some of the ex Kinmundy locomotives and rolling stock, when a small unobtrusive layout could be set up in the house! (and you've seen the size of the house too....) 

Hope things are progressing well with Ilkley too......

• 2 months later...

I've looked through most of this thread, but I couldn't see any mention of how the frosty effect was created? 

The "frosty morning" look is super effective, and I think much better than the typical "winter wonderland" deep snow effect you more often see. 

Was it just white paint? Or one of the commercial snow/frost effect products?

• 10 months later...

Hi

The effect was created by using commercially available white primer rattle can spray paint applied from approx 18-24 inches away, from below baseboard/scenery level and allowed to gently settle as pictured.

Frosty effect was cheap 'card glitter kit' carefully applied to give the prismatic effect