Found on eBay

LU_fan

I found this on eBay while scrolling through London Underground looking for anything interesting. Even though im interested in this, i can't afford it and i thought it might bring joy to someone else instead.

Hi

Thanks for posting the links. I did ask the seller to put up a picture of the fronts of the cars, which he has done, but I'm not sure that they look particularly accurate

I'm beginning to wonder if the traditional resin and white metal kits have had their day now and 3D printing is the way forward

I've seen pictures of some more modern tube stock - prototypes, elsewhere, done with 3D printing and them do seem to have captured the look

I guess there's still hope for a standard stock set that looks the part

• RMweb Gold

Thanks for this I placed a bid for Standard Stock and as usual an auto-bid outbid me - I am out of there!

XF

I find EBay a pain too. Only way is to set a reminder for just before the auction ends and go on then. Waste of time otherwise.

Thanks for this I placed a bid for Standard Stock and as usual an auto-bid outbid me - I am out of there!

XF

Hardly surprising really? Someone made their bid a couple of days ago and you only put a maximum of 2 quid more - the chances of getting instantly outbid by the existing bidder was pretty high I would say.

Jon

Hardly surprising really? Someone made their bid a couple of days ago and you only put a maximum of 2 quid more - the chances of getting instantly outbid by the existing bidder was pretty high I would say.

Jon

I agree Jon but I am very careful as it easy for the price to spiral and you can lose site of what you are bidding for. There is no guarantee that this model is a good runner etc so a cool head is required.

XF

RADLEY MODELS 3 CAR UNDERGROUND PICCADILLY LINE LONDON TRANSPORT EXCELLENT BOXED

Sale price:

£202.89

Wow  OTT me thinks!

XF

2x£95 (motor) +£55(trailer) for just the kits on Radleys website = £245 so it  rather depends if the standard of build was so poor as to have reduced the value, otherwise its seems to be a pretty good price.

Jon

Archived