RMweb

How realistic are your models? Photo challenge.

Pugsley

Hi mudmagnet

Great photo, different to see sky that isn't always blue, I kind'a like that, the weathering is superb to bud.

I thought... for a minute, I never remember old British Rail having white wall tyres, or is it lowered suspension... lol

really good, Nice...

Jamie

Hi Gary I must admit it does look a bit skew wiff but a shot taken further on shows there is a certain mismatch on the running plate and tender.

Propelling move with the J37 which was common at Alloa.

attachicon.gifDSC_1008-2.jpg

Even bigger sister..

attachicon.gifDSC_0678_2.jpg

..and one to match your own!

attachicon.gifIMG_5522-1.jpg

Good to hear the nice comments Gary but the diary is empty so no future shows planned as we speak.

It would be nice to take it south of the border again for one last outing but nothing planned.

Most of the effort at the club just now is going into the new layout Larbert.

Like Alloa its a scale representation of a Scottish station but mainline this time with opportunities for Duchesses and A4s to rub shoulders with the J36s and Caley tanks.

At 40ft long it will allow scale consists with all trains following prototype as regards locos stock and length so expect to see A4s on the 3hr Aberdeens with only 6 or 7 on then a Duchess on a Euston Perth with 12 or more.

We hope to introduce more diesel traction too with Sulzers and NBLs prominent...if we all live long enough to complete it and still be fit enough to humph it off to a show.

Dave.

the new layout sound very interesting, I read a little ahead and missed the larbert partand thought perth for a moment, but, you would need rather more than 40ft for that I should think. I look forward to seeing the new creation when it comes along onto the circuit. I seem to remember seeing shots of a few c16's as well. it is always bice to see a good variety of stock running.

gary

Hi Gary yes it is Larbert early 60s and modelled from a scale track plan and photographs.

It has been extensively researched and taken a few years to finalise but its well under way now.

There is no foreshortening of the station area with the 40ft taking up the bulk of that with its approaches although we do have to compromise after that and have shallow curves each end through scenic breaks to the fiddles.

As the layout is Larbert station the returns to the fiddles are outwith that and therefore not subject to the accuracy that the main layout enjoys.

We have installed a 14 road fiddle with usable lengths of around 30ft each road although sectioned into x 6 per road or 84 sections.

Long trains may occupy more than one section but there should be adequate accommodation for the long pacific hauled expresses plus all the local traffic and minerals and goods.

It offers an interesting location being just after the junction with the LNE & LMS lines from the south so everything from a J36 to an A4 on the LNE plus Caley 4-4-0s to Duchesses on the 'other side' plus most of the Standards.

Diesels will include what we now know as 24/25/26and 27s often double headed on passenger with 17/20/21sPeaks and 40s plus the 08s and first gen DMUs including Gloucester 100.

All signals accurate from photographs and working including the many ground discs.

If the old farts building this see the course and complete it we are in for a treat...I include myself in that lot btw.

Cheers

Dave.

• RMweb Premium

Hi Gary yes it is Larbert early 60s and modelled from a scale track plan and photographs.

It has been extensively researched and taken a few years to finalise but its well under way now.

There is no foreshortening of the station area with the 40ft taking up the bulk of that with its approaches although we do have to compromise after that and have shallow curves each end through scenic breaks to the fiddles.

As the layout is Larbert station the returns to the fiddles are outwith that and therefore not subject to the accuracy that the main layout enjoys.

We have installed a 14 road fiddle with usable lengths of around 30ft each road although sectioned into x 6 per road or 84 sections.

Long trains may occupy more than one section but there should be adequate accommodation for the long pacific hauled expresses plus all the local traffic and minerals and goods.

It offers an interesting location being just after the junction with the LNE & LMS lines from the south so everything from a J36 to an A4 on the LNE plus Caley 4-4-0s to Duchesses on the 'other side' plus most of the Standards.

Diesels will include what we now know as 24/25/26and 27s often double headed on passenger with 17/20/21sPeaks and 40s plus the 08s and first gen DMUs including Gloucester 100.

All signals accurate from photographs and working including the many ground discs.

If the old farts building this see the course and complete it we are in for a treat...I include myself in that lot btw.

Cheers

Dave.

I love Alloa, looking forward to progress on the new project.

Andy

• Thanks 1

Probably not good enough for this thread, but,

We need some pre-grouping liveries on this page!

post-33498-0-03653200-1515804957_thumb.j

Bilinton Class E4 0-6-2T No.579 sits at Salvington with a train bound for Brighton, all stations, via the Junction of the Findon branch to the coast line to the West of West Worthing.

• Like 11

post-3088-0-12898500-1516128882_thumb.jpg

Since posting the previous image I have "played" with it slightly, mainly to remove the unsleepered piece of track in the foreground.

And, one other point the Signal Box is plonked rather than placed. That's in hand.

Edited by john flann
  • Like 8