peco electrofrog single slip wiring

alanwall70

Can anyone tell me how to wire a peco electrofrog single slip? I've wired it as per the diagram and a loco will run through the curve OK ,and when i set it on the straights, a loco will run along one way then short if i try to run it across on the other line. I am using 1 peco PL-26B to operate 2 peco solenoid point motors which in turn operate the peco PL-15 switches. The switches are wired so the left hand one operates the RH frog and vice versa and the switched wires are coupled as per the diagram. but i cannot get it to work. I've tried crossing the switched wires, but this just reverses the problem. If i can't get this to work, I'll have to replace it with 2 points back to back, but as I am modelling a prototype I don't want to go down this path. Please help!

Note that it is impossible to set up any electrofrog diamond crossing, with or without slips, so that you can cross both ways over the diamond without shorting, you have to switch it to the route you are using. So with a single slip the two ends must be operated separately and only one at a time set for straight.  In the prototype the interlocking will usually enforce this requirement as the two routes across the diamond conflict with each other.

Regards

Keith

Archived