View new content

• RMweb Premium

Hi. I typically log in and press view new content to see postings since my last visit. The last few times doing this shows no new posts. Has something changed. I'm using an iPad. Just to let you know

'VNC' = View new content.

When you click on the View New Content button at the top right hand corner of any page it takes you (obviously) to the new content pages starting with the newest first.  Down the left hand side of that you have various options as to how your computer shows it as in by content type and time period.

Time period can be:-

By time period

• By time period
    Content I have not read
    New since my last visit
    Past 24 hours
    Past week
    Past 2 weeks
    Past month
    Past 6 months
    Past year

If you click on one of them in error you will not see much or too much. You choose which is best for you but if you click on New since my last visit then each time you go to click VNC it will only show what has been posted since last time you clicked VNC.  So if you got to the VNC page and read a thread and then instead of clicking the back button which would take you to the list you had just viewed you click VNC again if nothing or not very much has been posted that is what you will see rather than a full list.

Hope I have explained that in a way that you can understand.

Thanks Mod 5 for the quick resposne and explaining VNC. I have tried to sort this by highlighting the following.

Content

Forums.

Time Period.

View since last visit

Other.

Just items i follow. (i susect this should be on filter forums. I click on it , Highlight all forums, save but it still stays on items i follow).

Am i doing something wrong?

Other.

Just items i follow. (i susect this should be on filter forums. I click on it , Highlight all forums, save but it still stays on items i follow).

Am i doing something wrong?

Try unchecking the 'just items I follow'.

Archived