Cardiff Canton, The second coming

steve fay

• 6 months later...

Only a written update I’m afraid, it’s 10 years since I stated the first incarnation of Cardiff Canton so I’m hoping 2023 will see the second incarnation completed and out at a few shows.  I was hoping to be at a show in March but that’s too soon at the moment with still some outstanding bits needed to complete the layout.  In the meantime I’ll get some more of my locos DCC fitted and in the spring I’ll make up the fiddle yard area where the cassettes will be loaded etc. 

so let’s look back at where it started with the MK1 version, this kicked off a few things for me, my first magazine article and also the start of me making models for others. 

Model Rail copyright ©️ 

C56F2D8F-C5ED-4144-B723-6A16399310A6.jpeg

• Like 8
  • Round of applause 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium
13 hours ago, steve fay said:

Dapol pannier 7714 being converted to 7724 a Pontypool Road loco and a top feed fitted example,  

Steve,

Can you remember who's parts you used for the covered pipes up the side of the tanks by the cab? I've got a Dapol spare top feed and pipes to use on mine but need to do that bit.

Cheers

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Arriving this morning only a week after ordering are the footbridge steps for Canton from York model making. Laser cut out of styrene and assembled in 10 minutes with EMA. The little building underneath is from Railway Laser Lines and is actually based on a building that was at Canton.  It’s not 💯 for this location but it’s fits just right. No painting today as it’s ️ again !

IMG_7285.jpeg

IMG_7283.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

• 2 months later...

I will be moving home in the next two weeks, not by desire more by necessity as my current land Lord has put my house up for sale.  
My new property is a lot smaller which in many ways is better but it also means I don’t have room to store Cardiff Canton so I’m going to reach out to a few local clubs to potentially see if they have room to store it so I can finally finish it off.  
My commission work will go ahead as planned as most of that is completed in Bristol, there may be some slight delays to current projects during the transition period.  
Canton will be 8’ , 3’ once complete but for now it’s only 6’ X 3’ as I’ve yet to build the cassette boards. 
Failing that I’ll offer it for sale as is and will only look to get back what I’ve invested in it material wise.

IMG_7878.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...