Hornby R 3100: NRM Flying Scotsman

Ian Hargrave

• RMweb Gold

Now on Hattons website minus smoke deflectors but with double chimney. Where can I source a single chimney for this---advice,please --and how easy to fit?                                                        

Edit : Just noticed the  Hornby box in Hattons pic.   It is labelled as......'Electric Locomotive'...Can't see the pantograph,though.....                                                                         

Edit : Just noticed the  Hornby box in Hattons pic.   It is labelled as......'Electric Locomotive'...Can't see the pantograph,though.....                                                                         

Oh dear - quality control in the Far East (again!).

Although noting the original Blue (Romanian) Class 56 - 56013 was labelled as a 'Steam Locomotive' on the box.

So at least the honours are now even.

Puffers do a excellent Brass one for the A3.

You will have to fill the chimney void with a plastikard and filler ,blend in and then fit the new chimney.The blending in may take time until join lines disapear. I have done a number of the Apple Green NRM versions as single chimney version on my workbench thread

Oh dear - quality control in the Far East (again!).

Although noting the original Blue (Romanian) Class 56 - 56013 was labelled as a 'Steam Locomotive' on the box.

So at least the honours are now even.

Thats a little understandable though when you watch a class 56 trying to pull skin of a rice pudding. Any kind of train behind it, or rev on engine and its clag thrash and froth from the arm waving lot....

Archived