Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

If you like MI content why not try BRM Live?

Is that a serious question ... simply asking it explains why ... one was appreciated and had no commercial bias - the other is a mere feeble copy of a great idea, one was readable - the other feels like you are paying for a subscription.

Was working on something for a very different challenge but made a decision to drop it for some complex reasons. We'll look at something for next year in due course.

Allocation of time? Even further down the list of "old RMWeb" than MI6 ? Or simply unlucky 2013. Perhaps we did need a rest. Previous competitions have been driven by a clamour and interest from membership - even participation in organising/rules/standards/prizes. No such encouragement seems to have developed from the membership for 2013 despite the growth of numbers of members. Perhaps the decline in appearance of the usual suspects in pushing for it; the slight (unresolved?) fiasco of the awarding of prizes in 2011 and the slightly less appealing (to some) topic for 2012, not too mention the uncertainty of (B)RMWeb over the year have all contributed in us forgetting to push for a 2013 competition. Perhaps the novelty has worn a little thin.

When should we/will you start a 2014 competition topic? Are we going to have the usual debate on subject matter or is the format so out there that it is beyond the membership comprehension?

Thanks Andy I do go on BRM Live but I find it not very intuitive so much so that it has been months since I last tried it.

I'll give it another go to see, certainly it wasn't as smooth a read as the old but not forgotten and often re-read MI's.

I did drop getting the BRM  and went for the digital version but while that had good content it was also slow to page turn and wasn't a speedy 1-click open the mag I had to open a viewer then decide which viewer I wanted [every time] why couldn't it remember my choice.  It also meant that I missed out on any freebies so when my subs ran out I dropped it and don't buy it regularly any more, preferring to select on if something catches my eye. 

RM web however is still the brand leader which all other modelling sites should follow, I find myself leaving links back to here for information etc., it is now my first port of call probably daily.

Great work Andy such a brilliant site is RM web it has it all, superb skill offerings, wonderful inspirational topics, humour, helpful members, fantastic how-to's nothing is too much trouble for anyone.

Regards

If you like MI content why not try BRM Live?

I'd love to but can't for the very obvious reason that I don't have an iPad and certainly aren't going to buy one just to read one publication...

• RMweb Gold

I'd love to but can't for the very obvious reason that I don't have an iPad and certainly aren't going to buy one just to read one publication...

I think Andy means the web site content, not the digital edition of the magazine.

See: https://www.model-railways-live.co.uk/

It's not easy to see all the content available. Articles are in a column on the left. Videos are bottom right, on a hoizontal scrollbar. They are displayed much too small -- it's better to post them here for actual viewing. Preview it to watch it yourself, or post it for everyone: 

regards,

Martin.

I've tried the links off this site to MR-Live tv and web page but I still find them archaic in their operation compared to this site and you-tube in general.

They are not PC user friendly, some links are very slow and the page layout is dreary.

I have a speedy pc and I'm on max 70 meg fibre BB so I shouldn't be getting any self imposed PC issues.

Regards

I think Andy means the web site content, not the digital edition of the magazine.

See: https://www.model-railways-live.co.uk/

Martin.

Hi Martin,

"BRM Live" is ths Title of the new i-format only e-magazine (see the BRM Live! thread) which some are seeing as being the natural successor to MI.

"Model Railways Live" is an altogether different beast.

Unless Andy is getting confused by the rapidly expanding range of associated publications, when he says "BRM Live" I'd assume he means "BRM Live"....

Archived