Warflats and Tank wagons

garethashenden

Hi

Castle Trains of Warwickshire released some very nice limited edition set of three Bachmann War Office tankers you might be lucky they are still showing on their web site.

81C

I saw those but I wasn't sure if they were WW1 or WW2. If they are WW2 I may get them. Thanks

Two questions at once:

First, What colour were Warflats painted? I'm assuming green or brown?

Second, I need tank wagons for carrying petrol etc., what would be appropriate for WW2? Kits or RTR in 4mm.

Thanks

I did read somewhere, (one of Essery's books I think, or maybe a Railway modeller article from the 90's,but can't check as I am away from home) that WW2 era warflats were painted either black or very dark grey. I have one aproaching painting stage soon so need to the definative answer also!! 

I did read somewhere, (one of Essery's books I think, or maybe a Railway modeller article from the 90's,but can't check as I am away from home) that WW2 era warflats were painted either black or very dark grey. I have one aproaching painting stage soon so need to the definative answer also!! 

The ones we used for ingot moulds from BSC Landore, which didn't seem (in the early 1970s) to have been repainted since their construction were definitely in some form of khaki drab (these were both the normal 50/60t flat and the 80t Flatrol WLL, with the six-wheel bogies). The colour was quite different to the 'Bronze Green' used in more recent times.

Archived