Barrowfleet    OO/oo-9gauge   Early 1970's
Aisthorpe   Ogauge   1950+ BR Steam
Peakdale   Ngauge   1950+ BR Steam/diesel
Rowntrees Sidings   EMgauge  BR 1980+ Diesel
Melton Mowbray North   Ngauge   1960+ BR Steam
Irgendwohn Im Allgäu   Ngauge
German/Swiss
Fish Dock Road  P4Gauge
Tredethy Wharf   P4gauge   Steam  The first public showing of work in progress layout
Lumpton Bank  Ngauge 2000+ Diesel/Electric

DEMONSTRATIONS

John Houlden
Scalefour Members

TRADE STANDS

Caistor Loco   Model Railway Shop from the heart of the Lincolnshire Wolds
D&E Video/D.C. Kits  
Red Box Toys 
Modellers Mate 
The Junction Box    Used Models
Dickies Books
Going Loco    New & Used models

SOCIETY STANDS

Diesel and Electric Modellers United (DEMU)
Lincolnshire Wolds Railway
Great Central Society

PRICES
Adults              £3.50
Concessions    £2.00
Children         £1.50
Family 2+2     £8.00

Memorial Hall
Grimsby Road
Cleethorpes
DN35 8AH

• 2 months later...

I will be there with the Barrowfleet team from Hull.  Always a very good local show, and the 15 inch Cleethorpes Coast Light Railway is only a few miles down the road if you fancy a ride.

Peter

• 2 weeks later...

Definitely coming,  but still waiting on my idiot BFF to let me know what day he's coming over to go (I'm in Cleethorpes, he's coming from Sheffield). Really don't know why it takes him 5 days to answer a text.....

If anybody is interested in resin casting methods (as per MRJ 222 for instance) and / or extensive RTR loco conversions then you should be able to find me by enquiry - try one of the Scalefour Group, or John Houlden, or the GCRS stand, or perhaps one of the members of the organising Cleethorpes club. I'll try to wear a name badge.....

The Scalefour group is located in the room "furthest away and over to the right" (beyond the stage) as seen from the main entrance.

'Barrowfleet' has made it across the Humber and is in the back of my car to be delivered to the Show this afternoon.  Look forward to seeing RM Web members over the weekend

Peter

Had a great day, some really nice displays (although there did seem to be alot of 'N' gauge this year,. or was that just me), and a reasonable array of stands, I could have spent a whole lot more than I did in the 'Bargain Bins' right by the doors.

On a personal note though, I have to say a big thank you to the time spent by the lady from the Cleeethorpes MRS for showing me her techniques for building trees, I'll certainly be giving it a go.

As I have come to expect of Cleethorpes, a nice friendly smaller show. A good selection of layouts (I was quite happy with the above average N-gauge content though all were of good quality) and better selection of trade than is usually expected at a show of this size - no big names but all the basics covered and reasonable prices.

Well worth getting the passport stamped for the trip across the water.

"Tucked away" in the smaller P4room at the rear of the show were these:

Show debut for Ian Johnson's "work in progress" Tredethy Wharf.

post-3445-0-55982400-1368382377.jpgpost-3445-0-51744100-1368382391.jpgpost-3445-0-26634400-1368382400.jpgpost-3445-0-67485800-1368382418.jpgpost-3445-0-93668600-1368382428.jpg

Gordon Luck's FISH DOCK ROAD.

post-3445-0-83656400-1368382444.jpgpost-3445-0-06183100-1368382459.jpg

My own humble attempt at a "how I make resin castings" demo, which proved more popular than I had expected.

post-3445-0-93969700-1368382475.jpg

Thanks to those who took an interest and BIG thanks to all those who helped to run the show and provide the exhibits. I really enjoyed the weekend - all the better for the sarcasm too. In fact it wouldn't be a complete show without it!

On behalf of Cleethorpes Model Railway Society i would like to personally thank the exhibiters, traders and all those who attended this weekend...although visiting numbers were down i now feel it was worth the effort to put together .....i hope all that attended had a good weekend and you were well looked after......again thankyou!......

Nige....

Yes, thanks to Nigel and his team for an excellent show.  

I particularly enjoyed the company of the P4 folks who provided much humour and a lot of information on Sunday.

No, sorry, Ian J, Clive and Gordon, I shall be keeping what Andrew Fisher (remember Tag Models?) called 'that Austrian rubbish'. :jester: :jester: :jester:

Winterschlaf 21 web.jpg

Archived