Lenz power stations; Which one does what differently..!

Benn

Hi,

I have a 12' N gauge layout, and I've been borrowing my mates Lenz LZV100 box whilst using my own LH100 handset for a while now, and I'd like to purchase my own box so I can give him his back!

I've been looking on e*ay at the boxes, and I'm finding ones with an assortment of model numbers, could anyone enlighten me what the differences are between them, are some better than others for what I want? Also, I'm used to using the 3.6 vers on my mates, will they all carry this if they are newish?

Still finding my feet with a lot of this DCC stuff, any help would be most appreciated!

Cheers,
Benn.

Hi Benn,

There is only one LZV100 command box....it has no other code numbers.

It sometimes also comes along with the LH100, but thats a throttle

or 

the LH90 throttle

or

the TR150   5 amp transformer power supply

Once you know these other code numbers as I've mentioned, you can eliminate those codes from any descriptions, as you probably will find the command boxes are sold with some of that other kit.

Bob.

PS....if that doesnt help, then come back to us with some specific codes that you have seen.

Hi Bob, thanks for your reply.

It's the power station/command box types/numbers I'm specifically refering to here, as I have a throttle already I'm looking to purchase one on it's own as opposed to a set to save some money.

So far I've seen; LZV100 (This is what I've been borrowing from my mate), LV101, LV102, just wondering what the differences are between them, are some better for N gauge than others or is there no difference?

Thanks,
Benn.

Hi Bob, thanks for your reply.

It's the power station/command box types/numbers I'm specifically refering to here, as I have a throttle already I'm looking to purchase one on it's own as opposed to a set to save some money.

So far I've seen; LZV100 (This is what I've been borrowing from my mate), LV101, LV102, just wondering what the differences are between them, are some better for N gauge than others or is there no difference?

Thanks,

Benn.

Ahhhh.....I now see your confusion Benn. But Ian has kindly explained it very well for you above.

By the way.....an excellent choice of operating system.....I have had mine 6 yrs now, and it upgraded to the 3.6 version by the main Lenz agents in Bracknell last year.

I also now use something called "TOUCHCAB" on my iPhone to control my layout wirelessly.

Bob

Hi Bob,

If you are looking to purchase a Lenz LZV 100 then try and get one that is a 3.6 version, its the latest updated version. If you go down the secondhand route and get an early version it can be updated as said earlier by the Lenz main agent (very good and quick) I think its £25 + postage. you will also need to send your handset for updating which is all in with the cost. I would recommend contacting Andy Rhodes at Modelmarket.com who is a main Lenz dealer, his prices for Lenz are one of best in the UK. For a small layout you will not need an LV102 booster but I would say get a TR150 transformer (5amp) Get in touch if you want any more help.

Cheers

Ian H   

Hi Bob,

If you are looking to purchase a Lenz LZV 100 then try and get one that is a 3.6 version, its the latest updated version. If you go down the secondhand route and get an early version it can be updated as said earlier by the Lenz main agent (very good and quick) I think its £25 + postage. you will also need to send your handset for updating which is all in with the cost. I would recommend contacting Andy Rhodes at Modelmarket.com who is a main Lenz dealer, his prices for Lenz are one of best in the UK. For a small layout you will not need an LV102 booster but I would say get a TR150 transformer (5amp) Get in touch if you want any more help.

Cheers

Ian H   

Hi Ian,

Its not me that is after the lenz kit, its the OP, Benn, 

I already have an upgraded 3.6 version....and last week started to operate my layout using Touchcab, wirelessly to communicate with my Lenz set.

Rgds........Bob.

Hi Ian,

Its not me that is after the lenz kit, its the OP, Benn, 

I already have an upgraded 3.6 version....and last week started to operate my layout using Touchcab, wirelessly to communicate with my Lenz set.

Rgds........Bob.

Sorry Bob,

I should have read it a bit slower (its an age thing you know!)

Ian

Fantastic, cheers gents, I knew there'd be a simple explanation! I'll go on the hunt for a LZV100 then, and I'll make sure it's got 3.6 on it before I buy it!

If anyone has a spare one about, I'm interested!

Thanks,
Benn.

• RMweb Premium

Fantastic, cheers gents, I knew there'd be a simple explanation! I'll go on the hunt for a LZV100 then, and I'll make sure it's got 3.6 on it before I buy it!

If anyone has a spare one about, I'm interested!

Thanks,

Benn.

If you don't mind me asking.

How come you have an LH100 but no command station?

Keith

If you don't mind me asking.

How come you have an LH100 but no command station?

Keith

Beacuse I lifted one.

Only kidding... My layout requires two LH100 handsets as there are two operators, my mate has the full set of transformer, LZV100 and LH100 which I've been using for the last 6 months or so, so I bought a single LH100 handset seperately so we could both operate the layout during it's testing stages.

Ta,

Benn.

Hi Bob,

Cheers

Ian H   

DC Kits (www.dckits-devideos.co.uk)  are good on price too and visit many UK shows for collecting!

Archived