GER 4mm Axle boxes (for wooden underframed stock

In the absence of any kits that I can discover, i am biting the bullet and attempting to scratchbuild some 4mm freight stock, but cannot find any castings of any description. Any help appreciated. I may start with the 16ft 1 or 2" timberframed covered goods van. Also buffers, and any underframe items (9ft wheelbase) that would save scratchbuilding time.

Cheers

H

ABS supply whitemetal castings of GER wheelguards that include oil axle boxes (ref F538). If you only want the axle boxes, you have to remove the axleguard part and thin down the casting (which is what I have done). ABS does not have a website, but do operate a mail order service and attends some exhibitions. They also do GER buffers in whitemetal The address is

ABS Models
(Adrian Swain)
39 Napier Road
Hamworthy
Poole
Dorset
BH15 4JX
tel: 01202 672 891

Good Luck.

ABS supply whitemetal castings of GER wheelguards that include oil axle boxes (ref F538). If you only want the axle boxes, you have to remove the axleguard part and thin down the casting (which is what I have done). ABS does not have a website, but do operate a mail order service and attends some exhibitions. They also do GER buffers in whitemetal The address is

ABS Models

(Adrian Swain)

39 Napier Road

Hamworthy

Poole

Dorset

BH15 4JX

tel: 01202 672 891

Good Luck.

Do you have a price for the ABS castings? I do have an O gauge ABS pricelist, but not the 4mm one!

Archived