Eastney - Modern/Preservation Layout

ianwales

Hi All

Another view of part of the entrance to the storage yard.

post-4712-0-60291000-1363528149.jpg

I spent the last few hours wiring these points for DCC then installing the dropper wires and wiring the frogs back to the Hex frog juicer and I am happy to report that this little bit actually works,

Onwards and upwards

Ian

• RMweb Gold

I like the idea of starting with the storage yard you can just let it grow from there. I would usually start by working out what I think I want but hey work it out on the go.

Don

• 1 month later...

Hi Ian

Just to make contact, I will answer one of your questions by affirming that I do live in west Wales.

If you are modelling the S & C (and power to your elbow) don't forget that there were several Holbeck A3s which saw service on the S & C c 1960 and were well thought of.

My love of things LMS doesn't stop me from liking the other side's locos. Pity I can't justify any A3s on Hest bank!

All the best

Terry

• 3 weeks later...

Hi All

Started making a bit more progress on the layout now that my young daughter has started school, I have actually got some lines wired up for running, So I can now go from the turntable around 3 sides of the room and through the 4 loops on the left of the baseboard that all the stock is standing on.

post-4712-0-99096200-1369405270_thumb.jpg

Ignore the lines other than the 4 on the left as they are going to be picked up, (note my latest toy sitting in the headshunt at the far end).

A view in the opposite direction

post-4712-0-56328100-1369405281_thumb.jpg

Don't read too much into the thread title as this project is still in its infancy and all will be revealed shortly, but it stems from my eldest son wanting to get involved in the modelling. all I will say is that its surprising what ideas develop after a day at an exhibition!

Ian

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi all

Aftyer a lot of consideration I have decided to go back to the only successful layout I've had. Back in my early 20's, pre RMWeb,  when I was still living at my parents my Dad and I had a layout which was basically a terminus station which went via a junction to 2 seperate storage yards and a branch station, It gave us hours of fun so I am going to try and recreate that layout.

I have just finished the track plan for the interchange station between the rail network and the preservation line which is what would have been the branch station on my original line.

post-4712-0-28001600-1380048376.jpg

The station will be served by a SWT class 170 turbostar running to Portsea Marine? although this bit is a long way off just yet, the preservation line will run from Eastney via an intermeditae station called Ferry Road to Hayling South.

The preservation line will be my son's preserve and he will have the final say in what happens on that bit.

I am concentration on this section for the next couple of months and then move on to the next stage once this bit is in a satisfactory condition,

Ian

Archived