Guess the cab

Rather puzzled as there appears to be a number '188-102' visible in that view, but doesn't appear to link to the classification of the unit.

Here's a new one, then.  Clue: it isn't Japanese!

post-10122-0-52501100-1396685794_thumb.jpg

I still have two 'golden oldies' that haven't been identified, from earlier in this thread (numbers of original posts shown). 

The first one is a much-travelled loco, photographed in 1975 - so I'm after the location of the photo as well as identification. 

post-10122-0-03347400-1382738155_thumb.j

It was suggested that the second one could be a "Met Tank".  Apart from being the wrong builder, colour and wheel arrangement there is, I agree a similarity, and there is someting of a serial connection - think 15 rather than 10.  It is now the youngest of the three locomotives at its present site.

post-10122-0-76448800-1383339665_thumb.j

Oh yes, of the two one has an artistic connection, the other scientific.

Is no. 459 Columbine?

Yes, it's "Columbine" - one of the early Crewe locomotives, currently on display at the Science Museum in London (hence the "scientific" connection.  To explain another of the clues, in the Loco Profiles series, the "Met Tanks" were at number 10, and the "Crewe Type" (as represented by "Columbine") were number 15.

One down, two to go.

I still have two 'golden oldies' that haven't been identified, from earlier in this thread (numbers of original posts shown). 

The first one is a much-travelled loco, photographed in 1975 - so I'm after the location of the photo as well as identification. 

post-10122-0-03347400-1382738155_thumb.j

LNER J36?

Something along those lines?

and repatriated to the UK

Is #450 Cape Government Railway No. 993, now on display at Shildon?

Yes, indeed!  This is the ex-Zambesi Sawmills locomotive presented to David Shepherd (hence the "artistic" connection) and repatriated to the UK

But where was it put on display in 1975?

I think that 521 might be a Tyne and Wear metro train.

Nope.

It was suggested that the second one could be a "Met Tank".  Apart from being the wrong builder, colour and wheel arrangement there is, I agree a similarity, and there is someting of a serial connection - think 15 rather than 10.  It is now the youngest of the three locomotives at its present site.

Oh yes, of the two one has an artistic connection, the other scientific.

Sorry, but guessed back in February:

Grand Junction Railway 2-2-2 'Columbine' at the Science Museum

and repatriated to the UK
Yes, indeed! This is the ex-Zambesi Sawmills locomotive presented to David Shepherd (hence the "artistic" connection) and repatriated to the UK

But where was it put on display in 1975?

Whipsnade Zoo...?

Whipsnade Zoo...?

Yes, it was put on static display at the Whipsnade end of the Whipsnde and Umfolozi Railway, along with one of the Ford Popular(?) inspection vehicles from the Zambesi Sawmills line (I wonder what became of that?).

Archived