Farish 40?

oreamnos

Living in California I can't attend UK exhibitions or pick the brains of fellow British outline modellers in person, and while I subscribe to Railway Modeller and and Model Rail (but not BRM) - and of course I read this board - I have seen nothing about a re-tooled Class 40 in N gauge except perhaps a mention on the occasional "wish-list" type post.

Given that Bachmann have recently re-tooled its OO Class 40, is there any well-founded "word on the street" about a new 40 from Farish in the works?  Or is the absence of news in this instance really mean there is no news?  That would be a pity.

I should mention that I am doing my part to help make a retooled 40 a reality by going to the trouble of fitting split head codes to one of my old Farish 40s using an old Kingdom Kits whitemetal kit (pics of the half-completed project below).  I expect that as soon as I finish the conversion Farish will make an announcement!

Matt

post-4367-0-36130000-1360818730_thumb.jpg

post-4367-0-16140300-1360818763_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

Nope.  I'm looking at the announced 2013-14 range and no new Class 40.  In fact, no Class 40 at all.  Looks like the old model has finally been dropped.  Or on second thought, perhaps Farish will just continue to offer it in the old liveries.

http://www.mremag.com/news/article/graham-farish-new-releases-2013-14/14789

I suppose Farish could make a surpise announcement in the fall, rather like they did with the Class 14 a few years ago.

Matt

Archived