25KV Overhead Electric Failures

High Speed Coasting in operation again today, through the affected area, Gamston to Retford Station.

The 'Raise Pan' board's just south of the platforms, so anyone on Retford station may see the Pans being raised as the 91s pass through.

Trains being stopped at Tuxford till have a clear run through.

Looks as though yesterday was a good day to be RO

Perhaps as I don't work industry I'm not used to the minutiae of such communication, but the last bullet point sounds more like my grandma than an instruction to report your understanding of an order.

Perhaps as I don't work industry I'm not used to the minutiae of such communication, but the last bullet point sounds more like my grandma than an instruction to report your understanding of an order.

The printed order's issued to the driver by station staff at an appropriate station some time in advance (depending on stopping patterns etc), in this case Kings X.

The call to the signalers to confirm that it has actually been received and you're aware of the instructions, so the signaler then doesn't need to stop the train to give verbal instruction.

• RMweb Premium

My comment about 91's bringing down the wires was to differentiate from 'Mother Nature' doing so, not to differentiate between types of traction.

• RMweb Premium

Kind of an observation with a question but I didn't want to start a new topic.

Came through Donny this morning and it felt quicker than usual and a bit rough riding. Loco cut out just beyond the station with a breaker having tripped. Now I wondered if this might have been caused by a momentary loss of contact with the overhead and a surge when it contacted again.

Kind of an observation with a question but I didn't want to start a new topic.

Came through Donny this morning and it felt quicker than usual and a bit rough riding. Loco cut out just beyond the station with a breaker having tripped. Now I wondered if this might have been caused by a momentary loss of contact with the overhead and a surge when it contacted again.

A 50 TSR that's been on for a while now at Marshgate's been recently lifted, back to 100 line speed - or just the rare occasion you get a clear run through there!

There's an OH Neutral Section at Marshgate, virtually on the Don bridge, which will always cause the loco to cut out there as it passes through. If the cut was longer, the loco probably didn't reset as it came out the OHNS, driver then manually resets with Pan Up button.

Presumably. there are statistics to demonstrate that the ECML wiring is inherently more unreliable than the WCML wiring and how do both compare to the MML which I believe was also electrified on a minimum cost basis.

In any case, this latest failure was on a double track section, not one of the four track sections without the overhead catenary supports.

Hard to compare either with the MML which is basically a suburban route,there may be some 100mph stretches for electrics but above that its diesel only.

Archived