Unnumbered large logo 47 - what is it exactly?

vac_basher

What exactly is the unnumbered large logo 47 that Heljan did a while back, product code 4742 (like this one: http://www.ehattons.com/21554/Heljan_4742_Class_47_diesel_in_BR_blue_with_large_logo_unnumbered_/StockDetail.aspx )
That is to say, basically my question is, is it a 47/4 or what?
While choosing my number what do I have to watch out for? Other than the marker lights; fuel tanks; and buffer beams are there any other significant detail diffrences between members of the Class? 

This is clearly a 47/4 as this is pretty much the only sub-Class that carried this version of the livery
With slight modification you could consider the small number of 47/0 that carried this livery (refer to photos to see the difference)

The options would be quite limited
It has black headcode boxes (easily repainted though) which were more typical to Scottish locos

It does NOT have long range fuel tanks and/or isolated water boiler tank
Both A (No 1) and B (No 2) end are unmodified
The Large BR logo is at the B (No 2) end and centrally applied

I suggest visiting class47.co.uk and working through all those that carried this livery and make a short list
However, you will probably find the included transfers already list all the numbers that carried this livery

From my short list :
47546 (although the headcode box isn't quite correct)

How strange, I'm 100% sure I responded to this yesterday, but for some reason my posts aren't showing....
Basically, what I said was thanks for the info. Unfortunatly it's not suitable for the ones I wanted to do 481 Sunstar and 536 Solario, as the headcodes were yellow on those (and I find yellow the most difficult of colours to match) and also because the fuel tanks are wrong on one of them.
Thanks nevertheless! :)

• 3 weeks later...

As the 4742 model wasn't suitable, for my 47481/536 projects I'm now thinking of using Heljan product code 4749 as this one doesn't have the black headcodes. I know I'll have to change the fuel tanks on one of them - I'll have to check my parts box but I'm quite sure I have the correct tanks somewhere.

Now, forgive my ignorance, but what did you mean by the following:

It does not have isolated water boiler tank
Both ends are unmodified
The Large BR logo is centrally applied

Archived