Zimo Decoders or What?

Dunmar

Hi,

I have just experienced my first Zimo Sound chips namely CL37 with ' Multi - drive ' in a Vi-trains loco -' aaaawwwsome!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thankyou: and! a Heljan CL26 - 'doubly' 'aaaawwwsome!!!!!!!!!!!! :O ! They are the best yet!

Am I over-reacting! " You bet I am ". :sungum:

Bill.

Whooops!  Sorry!  They are Zimo by Digitrains. Picked them up at ModelRail Glasgow.

The CL37 especially is of note as you have the choice of ' Thrashing ' away till your hearts content or ' notching ' by simply changing a CV.

Bill.

• RMweb Gold

Paul Chetter's work methinks, he has a new class 20 project that should be at the Mansfield Show this weekend, already running his J94 and 9F schemes with his L1 to fit to my O1 at some point :)

His "Easy Drive" diesel schemes have four seperate sound sets, #1 - short layout, #2, medium, #3 large layout so the loco gets up to full power quicker the shorter the layout you have. Set #4 is "thrash" where it jumps to full power and back without all the intermediate engine sounds ;)

Paul Chetter's work methinks, he has a new class 20 project that should be at the Mansfield Show this weekend, already running his J94 and 9F schemes with his L1 to fit to my O1 at some point :)

His "Easy Drive" diesel schemes have four seperate sound sets, #1 - short layout, #2, medium, #3 large layout so the loco gets up to full power quicker the shorter the layout you have. Set #4 is "thrash" where it jumps to full power and back without all the intermediate engine sounds ;)

Hi,

Your'e probably quite right - however it was the other chap that set it up for me on the Friday at ModelRail Glasgow. ( his name escapes me - very helpful! ). I did let him know that my layout was only 8ft long. I had noticed several references on the forum and elswhere with regards to his work and certainly was not disappointed.

Bill.

Whooops!  Sorry!  They are Zimo by Digitrains. Picked them up at ModelRail Glasgow.

The CL37 especially is of note as you have the choice of ' Thrashing ' away till your hearts content or ' notching ' by simply changing a CV.

Bill.

Thanks. I was looking at the Digitrains the other day after somebody else on this forum suggested Zimo sound chips. i've always gone for Loksound up till now.  Will give one a go I  think.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Would certainly recommend it - I have used LokSound by Howes which gives a clear precise and realistic sound - Digitrains just happen to have taken it to another level.

Bill.

Hi Bill, Glad you are delighted with your Zimo class 37 sound chip....

I now tend to purchase Zimo...I'm a convert since purchasing the original Multi Drive Class 47 many moons ago.....

What a difference!!!!!...I will point out though like ANY sound chip the sound quality is dependent on the actual recording, the amp , the speaker and enclosure....Zimo's are made to be driven ( input by YOU) so it may take a little time to get the best out of them but once mastered are a delight to use....

The latest projects done by Paul make us enthusiasts spoilt for choice. We can choose to alter so many things...The amount of options of how to drive the loco has increased so much it's great for the enthusiast and onlookers.....

I'm delighted with the latest Class 47...

Best Regards

D421

Anyone willing to offer recommendations for sound on a few OO GWR steam locos? Collett 2251, Hall, Castle, Saint are all tender engines from SE Finecast W/M kits; a few tanks too. I am running NCE PowerCab with the latest chipset.

Considered responses very welcome. I will probably be off-line until Saturday next.

Thanks in advance,

Tony

Archived