Farish Class 37/4's, 37/5's....any idea when?

1977joey

Hi Chaps,

apologies if this is somewhere else & already mentioned on the forum, but all seems to have gone quiet regarding the expected retooled Class 37/4's & 5's, they're still showing 'on order' on the website.

The Network Rail & EWS 37's were new on the list last March & were soon in the shops a few months later....but almost a year on we are still waiting for an expected date for the above loco's. Has anyone in the know heard anything?

Again, sorry if this has already been mentioned elsewhere...

Cheers,

Mark

• RMweb Gold

Hi Mark

The difference is the NR and EWS 37s were new liveries on existing mouldings.  The 37/4s and 37/5s require new tooling, so this will take longer.  Indeed, as we haven't yet seen any test shots I suspect they are at least 8-9 months away.

Bachmann are having their trade fair next month when they usually reveal progress on existing models, and announce new ones.  There may be a more accurate update from there.

cheers

Ben A.

I was disappointed not to see the new N gauge 37/4 at Model Rail Scotland
I asked if it would be in stock by the N Gauge Show, and was advised that it was most likely but would definitely be released before the end of this year
As I need to purchase seven of these, that gives me plenty of time to save up for the remaining two

Equally, I am disappointed at the lack of any further Class 47 with just the original three in InterCity, Royal Mail, and Large Logo Blue
I have been waiting so long I have already decided to repaint these instead

• RMweb Gold

Equally, I am disappointed at the lack of any further Class 47 with just the original three in InterCity, Royal Mail, and Large Logo Blue

I have been waiting so long I have already decided to repaint these instead

They also did the 47s in BR Blue and TT Green.

While I can understand the frustration at the wait, for your own peace of mind it is better to just accept that they will arrive when they arrive ;-)

Cheers, Mike

They also did the 47s in BR Blue and TT Green.

While I can understand the frustration at the wait, for your own peace of mind it is better to just accept that they will arrive when they arrive ;-)

The BR Blue and Green Class 47 are irrelevant to my layout

Bachmann Farish have no plans for other Class 47 this year, so can hardly wait for that that is not going to arrive

As an example Triple Grey (Distribution) is missing from this latest release, amongst many other livieries that could be covered again

Dapol in comparison supply more than I can deal with; I nearly missed the Coal Sector Class 26, only managed to find one last week

Hi Mark

The difference is the NR and EWS 37s were new liveries on existing mouldings.  The 37/4s and 37/5s require new tooling, so this will take longer.  Indeed, as we haven't yet seen any test shots I suspect they are at least 8-9 months away.

Bachmann are having their trade fair next month when they usually reveal progress on existing models, and announce new ones.  There may be a more accurate update from there.

cheers

Ben A.

Cheers Ben & all the other Guys that have replied, that pretty much makes sence. I guess we'll have to wait on it & see if there's an update after their trade fair. :scratchhead:

All the best,

Mark

Archived