Class 153 photographs

• Moderators

Hello,

I've a class 153 in 7mm in the pipeline and I could use a few photographs of the prototype. Underframe details/end details/bogie details. Have the class undergone any siginficant changes since the 1995 era that I should know about?

Thanks,

Howard

Martyn Read's site:

http://ukrailwaypics.smugmug.com/UKRailwayPics/Diesel-Multiple-Units/Class-153/16179068_3LD4kF#!i=1248074762&k=S4pKpDd

is usually a good place to start, he's a modeller so knows what kind of details we need!

I don't think there's been any significant changes  to them since they were converted, but don't know for sure.

HTH

Howard, if you haven't already found it then also go up to the homepage of ukrailwaypics and browse the ' all in the details ' section for more and larger details on some specific units.

Ref details, not loads of obvious changes but headlight units have been upgraded on some recently - now 2 lights not 3 each side.

Hth

• Moderators

Howard, if you haven't already found it then also go up to the homepage of ukrailwaypics and browse the ' all in the details ' section for more and larger details on some specific units.

Ref details, not loads of obvious changes but headlight units have been upgraded on some recently - now 2 lights not 3 each side.

Hth

Thanks for the tip Martyn, I hadn't noticed that part, I should have pretty much all the details I need covered now. The wheels were sent off to Walsall for reprofiling today, so should be interesting to see what he does with them! Motor has been ordered and I'm sourcing other bits and bobs.

I'll keep you updated via the blog, in the meantime though should anybody have any running numbers of 153's known to venture along the NW coast in the mid 90's please let me know.

Ta

Howard

• RMweb Gold

In the meantime though should anybody have any running numbers of 153's known to venture along the NW coast in the mid 90's please let me know.

hth

Guest stuartp

Apart from the headlight clusters, the only other obvious mod I can think of is solid yellow flyscreens on the gangway doors. They were clear acryllic when delivered, soon changing to all-over brake dust brown. Eventually the supply of spares ran out (they were vulnerable to all sorts of damage) and were replaced by solid ones (metal I think).

• Moderators

Howard,

As discussed.  153324

We also photographed 153330/316/332 on the same line.

Thanks, that was the one I was after!

hth

Thanks Dave, safe to say a few then.

• Moderators

Apart from the headlight clusters, the only other obvious mod I can think of is solid yellow flyscreens on the gangway doors. They were clear acryllic when delivered, soon changing to all-over brake dust brown. Eventually the supply of spares ran out (they were vulnerable to all sorts of damage) and were replaced by solid onesal I think).

Now that is interesting, would this be on their conversion from 155's or after?

• Moderators

I would say sometime after conversion, as the photo in post 6 shows one with the transparent door.

I see what you mean now, I was thinking of a fully transparent door for some reason which I couldn't quite picture somehow! Ok, so it one with a transparent door it is then! I picked up my RR transfers for it at a discount rate at Kettering.

Archived