"Reply Quoting This Post"

Hi Guys,

The Reply Quoting this Post button doesnt seem to be working for me, is it just  me, or is this a more general problem.??

Thanks.......Bob.

Works at this end in Chrome, what browser are you using Bob?

Google Chrome Andy.....been on it more 3 or 4 months now.

Just tried again and still nothing.??

I'll switch off the computer and log in again, see if that helps....back in a minute.

• RMweb Gold

No...still nothing....how odd.?

Not experienced that before....not life threatening....I'll see how it goes over the coming days, unless you have any suggestions.

Bob

Chrome works for me Bob !

The "reply quoting this post" option works on my iPhone???

Will test again later when I'm home..... But it'll be bangers and mash on the Churnet valley railway first this evening......can't wait.!!!

Still no joy with "reply quoting this post".........works ok on the iphone.....even tried it again this evening on my computer using internet explorer, and thats fine too.??

Do I need to do something with those chocolate biscuit things or whatever you call them.....cookies isnt it.?

Yes; eat them. :)

It may be worth clearing temporary internet files and cookies and trying again Bob; not been able to replicate it in any browser at this end.

I've been trying to post in a thread and also can't get the reply quoting post to work, it also wouldn;t let me reply by typing in the reply box at the bottom. Type in but when pressing the post button a popup says post is empty and wipes the reply.

Using Firefox 19 on Win 7.

Jeff.

P.S. had to log in using another browser (chrome) which I've not used to access the forum previously to make this reply. Will try and clear the cookies for the forum and see if it helps.

clearing the cookies worked and cleared the issue.

Jeff.

Yep.......panic over.....clearing the cookies worked for me too.!!!

Thankyou all for your help and advice.

Bob.

• RMweb Gold

Strangely, after the problems earlier today - this machine, my laptop, has the same problem as Bob described and yet my main machine, a desktop, doesn't. Neither has changed and both run the same OS and Chrome versions. I'm going to clear cookies etc. on this one to see if it resolves the issue

• RMweb Gold

Strangely, after the problems earlier today - this machine, my laptop, has the same problem as Bob described and yet my main machine, a desktop, doesn't. Neither has changed and both run the same OS and Chrome versions. I'm going to clear cookies etc. on this one to see if it resolves the issue

Yup, fixed it

Yup, fixed it

How strange..........Cookies are always going to be my first port of call in future.  They normally are anyway, but its those in a packet which I have with a cup of tea.

Archived