NCB Decals

ModelMasters used to do some for wagons.I made my own for my Lambton austerity.I think you will struggle to get some commercially.I basically studied plenty of photographs on the LambtonLoco trust site.I also summise  that each area would have it's own style

Fox do some very basic ones, and they're alright... As with so many things, it's a toss-up between the interest of custom transfers and the easy availability/reasonable price of Fox's!

I checked the Fox web site but never seen them,  do you have a link to the page please?

2mm white, code FRH2732

2mm black, code FRH2733

4mm white, code FRH4732

4mm black, code FRH4733

7mm white, code FRH7732

7mm black, code FRH7733

I can't link directly to the products, but if you stick one of those into the search bar on the left of their page it should come up :)

From what I have seen trawling the net and looking at photo's (plus a 50 odd yr old dodgey memory)most loco's in the Durham area had yellow/gold/cream shaded lettering and numbers.I'm not sure about other group areas, plus fonts seemed to vary.As I stated earlier I ended up making my own using Crafty Computer white decal sheet being a complete ludite it took me a while to do it but it is fairly straight forward I played about in word with different fonts and shading the resultant decals are ok but they are'nt as vibrant as I would like but I use an ink jet printer. I know there are a few threads on here re making your own transfers well worth a look at

It is a while since I made them but to create the shading I did a box in word of the letters I wanted then made an other box and  superimposed it.I seem to recall I had to do the shaded bits first then finish of with the main letter.

• RMweb Gold

I suppose I better let the cat out of the bag.

At the moment I am designing for 2mm, 4mm and 7mm scale NCB transfers trying to cover as many of the Different styles as possible, working and area names.

I'm still designing it and hopefully fingers crossed I'll have the funds to pay for them at the end of the month to start production as its not cheap having them professionally done. If you want quality you have to pay for it!

Yes I'll have some too when they are available.

I suppose I better let the cat out of the bag.

At the moment I am designing for 2mm, 4mm and 7mm scale NCB transfers trying to cover as many of the Different styles as possible, working and area names.

I'm still designing it and hopefully fingers crossed I'll have the funds to pay for them at the end of the month to start production as its not cheap having them professionally done. If you want quality you have to pay for it!

Archived