MONKS BAY http://www.monksbaymodelrailway.co.uk/

MONKS BAY is a permanant exhibition O Gauge layout in Mabelthorpe Lincs.

My only contribution was most of the buildings, but the master craftsman who brough it all together was a certain eternal optomist, a true gentleman and a great friend (amongst many other things that we won't go into here!) - MIKE McDONALD.

Later I shall be illustrating this magnificent layout with a series of absolutely stunning photographs as taken by non other than PAUL BASON.

Allan.

Meanwhile, here's the link.Enjoy!

http://www.monksbaymodelrailway.co.uk/

• RMweb Premium

the master craftsman who brough it all together was a certain eternal optomist, a true gentleman and a great friend (amongst many other things that we won't go into here!) - MIKE McDONALD.

Also one time member of the Mickleover Model Railway Club here in Derby. When he was changing his home layout, a couple of 7mm scale buildings went on the club second hand stall and as I was the organiser of the stand, I got first choice and I now have my own Allan Downes half relief stone farmhouse with open sided barn attached. It's been gathering dust for many years but sooner or later (more likely later) it will take pride of place on my layout.

I saw Mike's layout soon after he opened at Mablethorpe - excellent work Allan (as always)

Another Mike

• 5 months later...
  • RMweb Gold

I was in Mablethorpe over the August bank holiday weekend and nipped in to see this.

Stunning layout and scenery.

The castle is just amazing.......like all the other buildings to be honest. Although I think it's just the size of the castle that hits you.

Well worth going and having a look, the wife just sat in the cafe and had a brew!

Excellent, must go again with camera!!

Cheers

Ian

• RMweb Gold

i called in to the layout last year during a stay at the haven in mablethorpe with the kids, absolutly stunning, had good chat with the man running it, well worth a visit in my opinion, not very well advertised though and i only stumbled on it by chance

Archived