Railway Buildings

Hi Allan.

Looks like a master class in impressive card modelling of railway structures, some tips on some of the methods used would be much appreciated.

SS.

Hi SS.

Certainly means and methods would be of help but it would be easier for me to try and answer members questions individully like, for example, what materials were used, colouring, texturing, assembly etc.

So if anyone has a particular question, then I'll do my best to answer it for you.

Allan.

• RMweb Premium

BTW, I should add that the coaler, ash plant and loco lift in the photos are in fact models 'planted' in the SVR yard compliments of TONY WRIGHT'S camera magic.

Allan.

I did wonder if the SVR had put those facilities in at Bridgenorth as they look very realistic.

SS

• RMweb Premium

Hi SS.

Certainly means and methods would be of help but it would be easier for me to try and answer members questions individully like, for example, what materials were used, colouring, texturing, assembly etc.

So if anyone has a particular question, then I'll do my best to answer it for you.

Allan.

I am interested in all of the above especially those used to create the station building.

Many Thanks

SS

I have always struggled with corners, folding is fine, but what about joints.

Do you cut at 45 degrees or what.

Regards

Ian

Hi Ian.

It bepends on what I am trying to bend.

When constructing the carcass of a building butt corner joints are just fins as later they will be covered.

Now if I'm covering them in brick/stone papers then there is no resistance and the sheets can bend round easily - fold the gable ends around last  so that they just come around the corners enough to be disguised by a drainpipe.

With Slaters plastic/stone sheets these are thin enough to be eased around corneres by softening the inside of the bend with a fillet of evostik impact adhesive - just leave for about 5 minutes and it should be  pliable enough to bend around.

Wills stone sheets though are to thick for this so I file a V groove down the inside leaving just a thin surface then it will bend quite easily.

I hope this helps.

Allan.

Archived