Meadow Lane TMD

Lochnagar

Thanks for the comments chaps! Glad you like it, got a steady stream of positive comments both days and it pulled a good crowd. We counted 5 deep at one point during the saturday, but hey it's Warley! Two more exhibition invites under the belt too, one in Suffolk and more unusually, Holland. I'm guessing this is the Utrecht show but I'll post up with more details when I know. 

Totally forgot to update this thread pre Warley! 

Good pics! I'm still surprised at how many comments we get operating it. I take the layout for granted sometimes but Warley was quite an eye opener, as usually not many people will actually take the trouble to comment on the layout. We genuinely lost count, lots of people asking who's sound I use aswell. Surprising how many haven't heard of Legomanbiffo yet. . maybe I need a bigger sign!

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Premium

Sorry to advise that Meadow Lane TMD has been withdrawn by its owner.

A great pity as I know a lot of modellers were looking forward to see it a Stafford

Very dissapointed

Terry

That's very sad news. I was really looking forward to seeing Meadow Lane. A cracking layout.

John.

It's a stunner. We revisited it three or four times in the course of the day at Warley. Also a very neat fiddle yard!

aac

Yes it's a real shame, my arranged help pulled out on me despite being booked a year in advance. My reserve workforce from the club are all busy with Aberdeen Kirkhill and Farkham at the same show, usually I can get someone at late notice but not this time! I'll still be at Stafford, it's a great show. But probably behind Kirkhill instead. 

Thanks for the comments, it went down very well at Warley with lots of comments and questions.

Even if I found help at the show, I'd still need another person loading and unloading at home so that's the problem. First show I've had to pull the plug on, a real shame it's my favourite one. 

• 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Right, another very successful show under the Meadow Lane belt. Attended the DEFine show today in Risley, Derbyshire. Fantastic atmosphere, all like minded folks and friends and I'm certainly going to be up for any more events, great show with great people. A few unedited pics taken on the phone during the day.. hope you like and as always thanks for the positive comments it really is surprising how much attention a little layout can generate. 

Alex

post-9660-0-69859500-1484428773.jpg

Bachmann 47706 in battered ex scotrail, and 47238 'Bescot Yard' in RFD triple grey

post-9660-0-00591100-1484428908.jpg

60001 'Steadfast' and 45140 'Mercury'

post-9660-0-82444800-1484428988.jpg

post-9660-0-90179000-1484429033.jpg

09014 shunting norsk hydro fertiliser bags

post-9660-0-21795700-1484429090.jpg

20010 and 20057 arrive on shed

• Like 12

Guest Digital

Good to see you yesterday and finally see Meadow Lane in the flesh. 

Brilliant layout in such a small space.

Just shows what can be done with a large amount of detail even on very small layouts

A few photos taken with my iPhone.

John

Edited by Digital
  • Like 13

• 2 weeks later...

Just came across this thread, crack modelling, real atmosphere to the layout, and I'd like to say thanks, as I have the same Bachmann shed and have been toying with ideas, but my mind kept drawing a blank but that has shown whats possible on that size board as space is something I no longer have, and has given me some enthusiasm back.

Guest Digital

Just came across this thread, crack modelling, real atmosphere to the layout, and I'd like to say thanks, as I have the same Bachmann shed and have been toying with ideas, but my mind kept drawing a blank but that has shown whats possible on that size board as space is something I no longer have, and has given me some enthusiasm back.

Having seen Meadow Lane in the flesh it really is incredible how much detail Alex has put in such a small space.

John

Thanks! Always good to hear positive feedback, It's surprisingly fun to operate too. All the laws say it shouldn't be that much fun but it just is.. greatly aided by DCC sound of course. Makes all the difference but of course that doesn't give the atmosphere to pictures..