Nice footage from Youtube of the S&C

Simon Moore

Hi Simon,

Thanks for that, it was well worth a watch and I will be back for some more inspiration again soon. I never relasied  that Clans came down as far as Leeds via the S & C.

Cheers

Andy

• RMweb Premium

Hi Simon - an excellent find, thanks for posting it.

It may be out-of-date but the old footage and the scenic backgrounds are both very useful. I love the freight carrying what appeared to be several wagons of Ford Anglias.

I'll watch the videos a few times, I think!

Cheers,

Jeff

No problems Andy, I'm glad you enjoyed it. Those Clans used to really get about. According to a friend of mine they also got to Colne & Rosegrove too.

Jeff I thought you might like this one. I find these videos inspirational for Austwick & great for those little details. My dad tells me that he remembers well a collection of ford Anglias & other cars strewn around the viaduct at Ribblehead. The cars were blown off a train in high winds. There's a wind around the viaduct called the Hem wind which blows off the fells & can be extremely strong.

I recently picked a DVD up from Settle station called " to the roof of England " which is a fantastic video of steam from Leeds to Ais Gill & well worth the tenner.

Simon

• RMweb Premium

No problems Andy, I'm glad you enjoyed it. Those Clans used to really get about. According to a friend of mine they also got to Colne & Rosegrove too.

Jeff I thought you might like this one. I find these videos inspirational for Austwick & great for those little details. My dad tells me that he remembers well a collection of ford Anglias & other cars strewn around the viaduct at Ribblehead. The cars were blown off a train in high winds. There's a wind around the viaduct called the Hem wind which blows off the fells & can be extremely strong.

I recently picked a DVD up from Settle station called " to the roof of England " which is a fantastic video of steam from Leeds to Ais Gill & well worth the tenner.

Simon

Cheers Simon. So I probably wasn't seeing things!

Great videos - as you say, if you look "off scene" there are many worthwhile details to spot.

Jeff

Archived