If you're new to the forum this is an ideal place to introduce yourself.

Hi guy's i'm back.

Simon Moore

Hi guy's after a busy year i am back could'nt sign under the old name so had to re register. Not had the chance to do alote of modelling recently i've spent 2 months of the past year suffering from a broken ankle & deep vein thrombosis which was'nt the best of time's for me & my family. It really opened my eye's to alote of thing's & since then i've been busy with the speedway racing once again but it was'nt until christmas day that i decided to start modelling again. Old saint nick left me a Bachmann green arrow which was another kick up the backside. Really looking forward to catching up on many of the threads i've missed on this forum with one thing & another. I will try to update my old thread's if i can find them but in all fairness not alote has changed here apart from a good few additions to my fleet.

Happy new year to everyone too.

Simon.

Hi guy's after a busy year i am back could'nt sign under the old name so had to re register. Not had the chance to do alote of modelling recently i've spent 2 months of the past year suffering from a broken ankle & deep vein thrombosis which was'nt the best of time's for me & my family. It really opened my eye's to alote of thing's & since then i've been busy with the speedway racing once again but it was'nt until christmas day that i decided to start modelling again. Old saint nick left me a Bachmann green arrow which was another kick up the backside. Really looking forward to catching up on many of the threads i've missed on this forum with one thing & another. I will try to update my old thread's if i can find them but in all fairness not alote has changed here apart from a good few additions to my fleet.

Happy new year to everyone too.

Simon.

Welcome back Simon..........sorry to hear you have been injured......was that riding a speedway bike. What is it you do with regard to the speedway racing.

Bob

Hi Bob the injury wasnt from the speedway bike i broke my ankle 3 hours into a holiday in Spain & i got the DVT on the flight home. Speedway is something i have been brought up around, my step father raced both speedway & grasstrack & bike's have always been something i've ridden. I did start t ride speedway but lack of funding stopped that, when i got the DVT i started going to Sheffield every thursday night with the family & it gave me that wake up call i needed to give it another go. Getting deep vein thrombosis was the best thing to happen to me in a way i'm now focused on racing which is something i,ve lacked for a long time. Cant say the missus is happy about me racing she thought my biking times was over.

This is a photo from the first session i rode at Scunthorpe http://www.jbsportsimages.co.uk/scunny_practice/Picture%20035.jpg

Cheers

Simon.

Hi Simon

Thanks for your reply......sounds like a great holiday. :rolleyes:

That DVT thing must be a worry.....was that related to the broken ankle and the immobility during the flight home.?

I had a broken left arm and left leg following a track day accident in July 2007....and at the then age of 58, my wife and family suggested I might want to call it a day, well it was actually more forceful than suggested. We never know when to grow up do we.!!!

I had 5 great years doing track days from when I retired at the age of 53, did about 8 track days a year, the last was at Rockingham where I high sided at about 80mph and put myself in Kettering general with the two breaks. That was a week before WSB at Brands Hatch where my wife and I go every year....oh was I in the dog house.

I fell off an R6, which I had only been riding that year, the other 4 years it had been on an Aprilia RS250 (see avatar, and my name of 250BOB),

I do miss the buzz, nothing quite like it, as you know.

My wife and I used to go to watch Crewe Kings Speedway back in the late 60's......we used to watch a certain Crewe rider at the time called Phil Crump, Jasons father of course. We dont do Speedway much at all these days, we are into Road Racing at the short circuits in the uk, Cadwell Park, Oulton Park etc., luckily my wife loves it too, we go to all the BSB meetings throughout the year, and when we are not there, we are watching WSB and MotoGP on the box on Sundays.

What is it about bikes and trains.....they seem to go together quite often.

Good luck with the Speedway, I'll keep my eye out for you if you make the British GP at Cardiff this year. ;)

heres a couple pics, model railway, my aprilia(still have it) and Ariel Arrow, just sold it.

Thanks for your Speedway pic too......good luck.

All the best........................Bob.

post-21-12625131774664_thumb.jpg

post-21-12625132445709_thumb.jpg

post-21-12625133275167_thumb.jpg

Phil crump does engines these days i cant say i am a crump fan not a big fan of ozzys in general. The Ariel looks beautiful what a nice old bike & the rs 250 looks fast, 2 stroke bikes are so much fun to ride i miss my enduro/motorcrossers. I doubt i,ll be in the gp,s but i know a man who is, keep your eye out for Tai Woffinden he is currently practicing at Scunny with Michael lee ex world champ tuning his engines. He is seeded as a wild card in all the gp,s next year & i think he,ll earn a fulltime place he is so fast.

I'll be doing alote of racing etc this year so i,ll upload some videos of my progress.

Cheers

Simon.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi 250 Bob, nice Arrow. Durring the late 50's our local bobby had a "Noddy" (LE Vello) then the force gave him a brand new Arrow in the early 60's, it was the biz with all the gaggets of the day(radio,blue light etc,etc). He would often pull us over on our bikes, "just routeen lads", untill we became wise, one of us would keep him talking and one of the others would 'swop the plug leads' ! Untill he got wise and had the plug leads altered to length, we also got wise and used to lift the plug lead of the plug causing the bike to splutter and fart! Now in his 80's I oftern catch up with him at classic vehicle rallys and we both have a good laugh!

Mr B

Hi 250 Bob, nice Arrow. Durring the late 50's our local bobby had a "Noddy" (LE Vello) then the force gave him a brand new Arrow in the early 60's, it was the biz with all the gaggets of the day(radio,blue light etc,etc). He would often pull us over on our bikes, "just routeen lads", untill we became wise, one of us would keep him talking and one of the others would 'swop the plug leads' ! Untill he got wise and had the plug leads altered to length, we also got wise and used to lift the plug lead of the plug causing the bike to splutter and fart! Now in his 80's I oftern catch up with him at classic vehicle rallys and we both have a good laugh!

Mr B

Sounds like great fun Mr B..........I know the Ariel police bike you are on about, we had a classic meeting here at the racecourse in Uttoxeter last year, and there was one there.

Good days.!!!!

Bob

Archived