1940s LNER Carriage Stock - Info Source?

M.I.B

• RMweb Premium

I know nothng about LNER coaching stock and would like to ask a few questions.  I looked for an equivalent to the brilliant GWR stck sub forum, and there isn't one.

So where can I get info about prototype and model equivalents and sources.

I want to build a mid 40 pidgeon rake ( see other post on this board).  I also want this to be an excuse for rolling 5 different coaches, all LNER on my GW layout.  I have a Thompson BG and a Gresley 61'.  I would like a suggestion for the corridor 3rd brake, and possibly 2 other NPCCS - with corridors of course.

I would have thought that the 3rd brake would be "elderly" and not prime stock for the mid 40s.  Needs to be corridor.

I then need to source such wagons in OO.  Kit builds are a no no for all sorts of reasons, but new sides onto RTRs (like Comet) or even decent RTR that just needs modification.

Anyone?

Thanks in advance.

• RMweb Premium

Thanks Jonathan.

No time or dexterity for scratch builds I'm afraid.

And as for soldering- I can do many clever things, and can weld with the best of them, but never got the hang of soldering.

I will join the dark side forum and see what they say - thanks for the tip.

• RMweb Premium

The Thompson BG is going to be marginal datewise on a GW layout.

You should still be able to find Ian Kirk kits for Gresley stock and there are NPCS vehicles from Parkside Dundas and Chivers.

Having seen the pigeon traffic post on "Prototype" I don't want to use non corridor stock.  2 BGs BSK and 2 BGs in that formation.

Archived