Clubs in the North East - Newcastle area.

Norm81

I'm contemplating joining a club, so wondered which were in my area. Anywhere from Morpeth in the north down to the River Tyne and from the coast across to Ponteland.

I was thinking of Newcastle & District MRS, it's at the limit of what I'd travel but with the bonus of I could "nod" most of my way there and back by Northern Rail. Can't seem to find a phone number or email on their website though?

Blyth and Tyne and based in North Shields now which is more difficult to get to than Newcastle, I'd have to drive and then try to find somewhere to park...

If anyone know of any other clubs in the area or any other info it'd be very much appreciated. Just thinking about it at the moment, not sure if it's for me or not yet.

Newcastle meet on Monday and Thursday evenings, just ring their intercom and someone will come down. (I don't know the email address I'm afraid, and the old website used to have it.) 

Blyth and Tyne is easy to get to by car - Shields is 10 minutes off the Tyne Tunnel/A19, and the clubrooms are not so far from the Metro (although I guess this is less useful to you if you aren't in the area). Parking isn't a problem.

There's a Jarrow based club as well (Perth Green).

Thanks for the reply, I had thought it best to contact the club first rather than just turning up on their doorstep.

B&T - I agree it's easy in the car, not so easy by public transport from where I am.

Jarrow - a bit too far I'm afraid as it's through the tyne tunnel or an even longer journey.

I'll have to try and find some contact details for Newcastle somewhere on the web.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

Blyth & Tyne MRS currently meet on Wednesday 10am to 12pm & 7pm to 10pm, our main meeting night is Thursday 7pm to 10pm. Our club room is a short walk from North Shields Metro Stn.

We do have some members who live south of the water who may be able to car share with you if you are interested. Come along on a Thursday evening and have a look or we are having an Open Day on the 11th May. I'm sure we will have something you will be interested in

If you have any questions please PM me.

Regards

Chris Stafford

Exhibition Manager

Archived