A request for signal box building tips

JCL

• RMweb Gold

Hahaha, it's been great fun :) . There are a couple of quick things on the box (wonky handrail in the photo) then to calm my nerves I'm going to put together some coal staithes made from coffee stirrers a la Redgate and a bit of Ballantine. After that its the waiting room on the Boston platform as shown on this page of my layout build blog http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/63508-wainfleet-in-4mm/page-3 . It'll be my first hipped roof, and a good long length of guttering there (I'm guttering mad now) which I'm definitely going to get some half round plastic strip for! There are also layers of brick in the decoration that you can see from the windows that will be interesting. Layers, mmm, how am I going to do that? But before all that, I must remember to put the Wainfleet signs on the box! :)

So if anyone wants to join me at my layout thread in the signature below, if you aren't there already, please feel free. There's no charge and the water's lovely.

So if anyone wants to join me at my layout thread in the signature below, if you aren't there already, please feel free. There's no charge and the water's lovely.

...I'm already there  *waves*

Great layout so far. I'm going to have to be decisive and settle  on a track plan

• RMweb Gold

With regards to track planning, prototype is the easy way to go. The heavy lifting has already been done for you! I've still not got much idea about track planning, so I'm very pleased they decided to think ahead in 1899 and help me out :)

With regards to track planning, prototype is the easy way to go. The heavy lifting has already been done for you! I've still not got much idea about track planning, so I'm very pleased they decided to think ahead in 1899 and help me out :)

Well, essentially, or so I keep telling myself, I'm building a "trainset" for my little lad to watch his trains run round on, so there's lots of track and little basis on reality - or at least that's how it started... And then I got into modelling in a big way, so want to add a bit of realism to the "train set" I want at least 3, if not 4 trains to be able to run simultaneously - on DC using a 4 way controller, which means a few separate lines. It's all ficticious, and that's what makes it all so difficult

Archived