Dobris In HO - (pronounced Dobzhreesh) - derailed train

roundhouse

• 2 months later...
  • RMweb Gold

I am still mulling over when yo commence construction on this layout. Maybe this Summer but with do much also to do we shall see.

However a package arrived yesterday from these people.

http://www.ben-zerba.cz

Ordered just over a week and a half ago six wagons have arrived.

Very nice model of a CD hopper by Cs models. These came in a three pack and have NEM boxes which will have Kadees fitted. Wheels are coarser than UK standards but with a bit of weathering they should be fine.

Not the best of shots as I was already late leaving home this morning.
post-1557-0-69805100-1373006575_thumb.jpg

The other three wagons are bogie open CD ones by Roco.

There are three of us with HO Czech stock and I didn't realize just how much one friend has. Not sure how we can run his overhead electric locos especially his Laminated!

PS - thats not cheese on that plate, its resin cast timber loads I have removed from an N scale centre beam as picked up a much nicer load in the USA recently!!

Edited by roundhouse

• RMweb Gold

Squeaky.

Not cheap and nor are the Roco ones hence why I am starting to collect enough wagons in advance of the layout, plus the risk of not being able to get them when I need them.

The CS ones are every bit as good as the Roco ones. The pipes and couplers come in a separate little bag which is good as it saves me having ot pull them out of the sockets. On a Czech brake van (dont know who makes it) I broke the couplet trying to remove it.

The only thing that cold be better is the join of the two hopper parts is quite visible inside it. However thats easy to rectify with a small bit of filler or a stone / sand load.

I have a CS goggles dummy loco I bought from Prague some years ago before the Roco and all the other powered ones were announced. its a nice body although lacking the Roco detail. Ben Models now advertise a powered chassis for these but non in stock at the moment.

The postage was 20 Euros for the 6 wagons so whilst not cheap its also not too bad especially when you see the size of the box that they came in!!

At least they were well protected.

I will be ordering more from them when funds permit.

Ian

• RMweb Gold

Apart from weathering dome N scsle vehicles I decided to have a go at dome of the recently acquired Czech HO stock.

One of tbe hoppers had the lower half weathered and the roof of the goggles loco had done soon added.

post-1557-0-43518500-1373351985_thumb.jpg

post-1557-0-58962400-1373352049_thumb.jpg

This morning I took the Roco out of its box for the first time. It's a very nice model. I have removed the coupling ready for installing NEM Kadees

post-1557-0-08150100-1373352188_thumb.jpg

post-1557-0-55115700-1373352226_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

I have ordered from Ben-Model and as you say very well packed!

I like the Goggles I have a Roco Bardotka(72923) in the same livery still in the box waiting for funds to be able to buy a sound chip......

Squeaky

I have yet to get the Bardotka. I really want the red upper and light grey lower version in CD but Roco only do it as CSD. so may have to redo it. The etched plates and decals are available but may have ot waittill a future trip to get them.

MTB do a similar colour scheme in CD but thats the first production units which have more rounded fronts..

I fitted a Zimo decoder into Phatbobs blue grey Goggles on Sunday. Very easy to fit The function numbers are different to the Roco ones but they can be remapped using JMRI I would guess.

He got the decoder from Coastal DCC who downloaded the correct sound file from the ZImo website link. I will be doing the same shortly for the correct sound to go into the 810 4 wheel railcar. The sound files are an extra 5 Euros. They do sound very good though.

I am now really wanting to get this layout underway but there are so many other takse to do on the other layouts!

Ian

I know what you mean about so many of tasks to do, I started my US switching plank in April 2010 which still has plenty to finish on it, I've bought some TT locos, track and wagons but no layout started yet! I'd also like to do an HO Czech layout and a US Freemo module for next year!

So many things to do and buy so little time and money

• RMweb Gold

Squesky

I got up this morning and couldn't make up my mind as which scsle stock to or on.

I could have done some more weathering on the Czech wagons but the British N scale won the day!

Maybe tomorrow morning.

Ian

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold

Whilst theres not been much to post on this planned new layout, the stock hasn't been forgotten.

Further weathering has taken place whilst treating other stock for other layouts and the fitting of Kadees has progressed.

They are still a little out of line on the Roco Goggles so I will have to carve a little more out of the bottom of the hole in the front valance.

I have also ordered a building whihc is the same style and size to the one at Dobris but without the canopy and stucco render and the windows are different but as a basic shell, it may well be suitable for soem modification.

http://www.ben-zerba.cz/e-shop/en/detail/trains/h0-1-87/czech-models/111006-h0-dacice-railway-station.html#

I will almost certainly be using Peco track even though the Tillig stuff is very nice.

The main reason is that the track is readily available and I prefer the Peco double slip. Also the fiddleyard will get used on other layouts so it will probably line up better with the track on them.

I am now hoping to construct the boards  (at the same time as modifying Fort Myers boards to use as a Fremo module) before the winter arrives.

so that I can then start laying track this winter. 

Ian

Looking forward to seeing this one progress just as I've enjoyed the Smrzovka thread.

If it helps, here are some photos of 749006 at Dobríš in Feb 2008 (strengthened train due to a scout meeting somewhere on the branch).  As can be seen 749006 was the subject of the photos but hopefully they will give away a few of the details:

749006%20DOB%C5%98%C3%8D%C5%A0%209%20FEB

DSC00007.JPG

PM me if you need any higher res versions of these.

Regards

Matt

• Like 5

• RMweb Gold

Matt

Absolutely superb photos and very apt as I have also ordered some of those double deck coaches as I had seen a photo of them there on the Web but it was a later build Bardotka rather than one of the early round nose ones as per your photos. However, I can get one of those in that same livery.

Also when you were there did you notice if they were loadsg or unloading the logs?

Thanks again

Ian

Thanks Ian.

Having 749006 was a bit of an Oooo moment as there was no gen until the night before that it was going.  Glad it did, was the only time I've been to Dobríš and no plans to go back :-(.

I dont recall what was happening with the logs, sorry.  I didn't take much notice of anything other than the loco.  

I've done some googling and a search through K-report and have drawn a blank, although I did find this if it helps:

Dobris.gif

On the plus side, at least you do know that a prototype 749/751 did make it here on double deck stock. Oh, I forgot to add this earlier 

Regards

Matt

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Matt

Thanks for that

We have been there a couple ofttimes but first time it was a very quick turn around so we dint pay much attention to the wagons as we were concentrating on the 714 shunting the passenger trailers and the Bardotkas on the brake van.
The last trip it was a modern Region Nova two car unit and no freight about.
Regards

Ian

Edited by roundhouse

• RMweb Gold

I ordered quite a few packs of Kadee number 18's and 19's from Express Models over the weekend.

They arrived yesterday through the post box so well done Express Models.

As we were home later last night I didn't have much time for modelling so fitting Kadees to the wagons was the job to do.

The open bogie wagons by Roco had number 19's fitted as the back inside face of the knuckle is just forward o the buffers.

The CS Models bogie open hoppers had number 18's fitted. These may be just a tad too short but we shall see next time I get chance to run them through turnouts on an HO layout 

Ian

• RMweb Gold

I will probably be using the track plan that I drew up in Xtrcad as that should fit the proposed layout size although it might be tweaked as the track is laid. Still considering whether to do a sector plate or turnouts in the fiddleyard.

The fiddleyard is intended to be used on a future OO scale layout (no plans at all for this yet but it will be a South Western 1960's layout for all my existing stock).

I am still hoping to commence the boards this Autumn before the temperatures start to drop outside as i tend to construct the timber work in front of the garage. There's no rush at the moment as no shows yet booked although there is a possible one in October 2015.

My main task at the moment is collecting stock whilst its available and to spread the cost of buying it although tow others also have some suitable stock already and our regular operating team will no doubt want to obtain a few bits aswell.

I am holding off starting the layout whilst helping with finishing off Star Lane and also detailing work on Banbury as those are the two layouts going out in the near future that still need attention,

Regards

Ian

• RMweb Gold

The double deck coaches that I ordered a day or so before Matt posted his photos of these at Dobris, arrived yesterday along with a Bardot from a later batch to that shown in Matt Photos.
This morning the loco was tested thrn weathered and Kadees number 19's fitted. I also used the alternative 'plough' and made a small cut out to fit the Kadees through and into the NEM box.
The double deck coaches have been weathered lower down with the roof yet to be treated.post-1557-0-93917600-1378051106_thumb.jpg

The building kit also came in the same package.

Its a lazer cut card kit, the card being fairly thick for the main walls. It is the same size and styel of building to that at Dobris but the windows are newer adn soem windows are not there on the sides of the real station so soem modifications will be needed.

Ian

Edited by roundhouse
  • Like 4

Hmmm...  Add some EH Cables and renumber to 749102 and it is entirely possible it would be an authentic combo for Dobríš as 102 probably worked there during its time as a Praha Vrs based loco...  Never had 102 for haulage...

I would love to get my hands on a 749 or 751 in model form...  What sort of ballpark figure was 041, if you don't mind me asking?

• RMweb Gold

Hmmm...  Add some EH Cables and renumber to 749102 and it is entirely possible it would be an authentic combo for Dobríš as 102 probably worked there during its time as a Praha Vrs based loco...  Never had 102 for haulage...

I would love to get my hands on a 749 or 751 in model form...  What sort of ballpark figure was 041, if you don't mind me asking?

751 - 031 is the one I would really like to do (as my photo on page 1) but I have only seen CSD ones produced in that livery so far (apart from the first batch with rounded nose which MTB produce)

The Roco one I purchased from http://www.ben-zerba.cz/ worked out at about £180 plus postage but as I ordered coaches etc the postage wasn't so bad. It does sound very good IMHO.

Over here these Roco locos go from about £200 up to full whack of £250 which is a lot but still reasonable compared to a UK  sound fitted loco.

Luckily I wont need very many locos and some friends are also obtaining stock. 

Ian

The Red/Grey livery is a popular livery among the 749/751s so its strange that its not been done. Off the top of my head, in CD times, at least 749019/039/241/255/262/263 and 751031 and 141 (thats the ones I know of, there will be more, of course) have carried this livery.  255 was the first 749 I had for haulage, back in 1999 from Beroun to Most on the Bezdrev and then back the next day having left Most at a sociable 06:00...

Hmmm...£180... I might have a problem justifying that to SWMBO... I can dream.  It is a pipe dream to have a CD inspired layout, although for me there would need to be some sort of electrification as I do like the look of some of the Skoda sparkies they have over there.

• RMweb Gold

I do miss the trips that we did behind these locos to and from Liberec on various routes and also in other parts of the country. We, even had a few shed tours back in 2005 where they started one up for us - fantastic sound.

There have been some Roco sets produced for the Czech market that have been for sale over here. I picked one up for £300 at the East Midland show in Nottingham earlier this year - it had a goggles with sound, 2 CD coaches oval of track Multimaus DCC system in it, so excellent value. However you may find it hard to lay your hands on such a set now. 

The non sound set may still be available. Try tabor Models. ZImo do the sound decoders separately with the correct sound being uploaded from their website (we asked Coastal DCC to install the sound file for us) so you could get the loco then install sound but it is a dearer way in the long run than buying the factory sound fitted loco.

Regards

Ian