Dobris In HO - (pronounced Dobzhreesh) - derailed train

roundhouse

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

A package from Prague arrived yesterday.

The Bardotka by MTB is rather nice. Very heavy chassis. I have had the body off. It has a ready fitted speaker (As does the TT scale version) so all you need to do is remove the blanking plate and plug a sound decoder into the PLUX socket.

Also in the box is a bag of detail bit's which includes etched number plates and a spare set of wheels that have traction tyres fitted. The ones on the loco don't so this is handy if you have gradients or long trains.

I haven't had time to run the loco but if its anything like the TT one then it will be a good runner.

post-1557-0-87016200-1387692810_thumb.jpg

post-1557-0-26219300-1387692968_thumb.jpg

Edited by roundhouse
  • Like 6

• RMweb Gold

This looks very nice Ian. That speaker looks huge!!

One of these is on the shopping list for me as well. We fly out on the 4th and we are planning on a visit or two to a model shop.

Really looking forward to getting my hands on some rolling stock as well.

Which model shop supplied the Bardotka?

Rob

• RMweb Gold

Well, couldn't wait.

Ordered a ROCO Goggles today. In CSD livery. Courtesy of Marian, found a photo of the same loco in 1993, as per modelled. Bang on for our chosen period.

Should be delivered to in laws address by the time we get there.

All the more reason to go now........

Have to decide what we will buy to go with it now.

It's like Christmas. .......oh, it is...

Rob

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Thanks Ian. I was wondering about that. I assume green is good for post CSD/early CD?

Deffo looking for a service van as well as a couple of wagons....or three or four....

Oh dear...

Rob

• RMweb Gold

Pete

On our first trip to Prague back in 2004 we decided to wander up to the main station. There were quite a few people waiting at the ends of the platforms with their cameras so we did the same.

We realised just how much variety there was then a steam special came in and stopped.

Whilst watching it two Bardotkas on a spoil working came through the station making a fantastic noise in the train shed.

That got us hooked and since then have been back many times travelling all over the country.

The beer is good to!!

• RMweb Gold

How good are the Tilling HO CSD coaches guys?

I am looking at the green 2nd class with baggage compt ( cat no 74350) and a 2nd class coach to accompany.

Just looking for thoughts on accuracy, detail quality etc.....

Rob

• RMweb Gold

Ian, with all my hijacking going on, poor old Dobris has been somewhat neglected.

How goes it?

Any progress over Crimbo?

Rob.

• RMweb Gold

Rob

That's fine as it's all about Czech stuff.

No progress over Christmas but hopefully there will be done in the new year, although there is no rush as it's first provisional booking for a show isn't till 2015.

However I suspect it will be to a complete working state long before then.

The Tillig coaches are fairly new so they are likely to be reasonably accurate. I don't have any HO ones but the new TT ones do look good.

Ian

Edited by roundhouse

Nice topic for layout Ian!

I am happy to see interest in Czech prototype abroad. I like the topic of terminus station on a branch line, although I'd prefer to have a pass thru station myself I may end up in similar situation one day.

Congrats to the MTB Bardotka, got sound? https://www.dropbox.com/s/ya23p8ic9viynb0/VIDEO0005.mp4

I've also replied to Rob's question about the Tillig coaches in his new topic Modeling Czech railways.

Happy new year guys!

Edited by mastanec

• RMweb Gold

I had fitted a Zimo decoder into my TT scale MTB Bardotka although it is only used on DC control on our TT scale layout.

So is eek I decided to swap is decoder into the HO Bardotka.

The sound was good in the TT loco but it's superb in the HO one with its factory installed speaker. I did try doing a video of it tonight but it wasn't good enough to upload. So I will try and do another one next time I set up the Dobris boards with some temporary track laid ontop.

The functions do need remapping to suit the function button settings on our Digtrax controllers.

Ian

• RMweb Gold

Just left Pragomodels this afternoon. They have double deck coaches there.

Rob

Yes, they usually Pragomodel has those items from Bramos in stock. If needed I could check with them prior your visit, as I sit in the office accross the highway just close to them.

BTW I could also ship to you by mail if needed, but it costs a fortune... 10 - 15 Pounds per package as it is large and heavy :(

• RMweb Gold

Yes but it got a bit messy......brake van and a MTB 721. Also the goggles ordered from AMB has arrived. Both are really nice models. Well pleased.

Planning on a return visit in a couple of months.

Flying home tomorrow. ....

Rob.