Dobris In HO - (pronounced Dobzhreesh) - derailed train

roundhouse

• RMweb Gold

Yes but it got a bit messy......brake van and a MTB 721. Also the goggles ordered from AMB has arrived. Both are really nice models. Well pleased.

Planning on a return visit in a couple of months.

Flying home tomorrow. ....

Rob.

Sounds an expensive visit!!

Hope to be paying them a visit in April if all goes to plan.

Ian

• RMweb Gold

Just a couple of photos taken on my test track facility......

MTB 721 with brake van bought from Prago and the ROCO Goggles from AMB.

Very pleased with both examples..

Robpost-14122-0-86715000-1389448690_thumb.jpg

post-14122-0-82926400-1389448654_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

post-14122-0-20237600-1389449724_thumb.jpg

Better photo.

Had to have one. I have seen a few photos of these on short freights or just with a loco.

Not cheap but essential....and nice.

Glad you like guys.

Rob

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Suspect it may be related to this....

http://www.masinky.cz/produkt/5462-H0-Sluzebni-vuz-Ds-CSD/index.htm

Really nice model. Mine came in a PIKO box, Ian.

Busy doing a spot of armchair modelling now. Looking at various plans.

Google earth is a revelation to a thicky like myself. Awesome satellite shots and most stations seem to be on street view.

Also picked up a book of layout plans.

Really enjoying all of this.

Rob.

• RMweb Gold

Rob

I always find that when I come back from a visit abroad I am full of enthusiasm to start modelling.

This morning I was playing with the Bardotka on the test track. Can't wait to start laying track now but have other projects to work on at the moment.
Won't be long though before I do start laying track.

Enjoy the track plans.

Ian

Edited by roundhouse

• RMweb Gold

Quite right Ian. Lot to think about. Had a few trips out while we were there. In particular we went to Bechyne from Tabor. Haulage was a 113 (I think ) with a couple of railcar trailers.

The terminus at Bechyne is run down but is relatively compact. Some of the stations en route are quite nice as well. Will explore again on our next visit.

Rob

Those "brake" vagons are still in service, although not attached to each train as in the past.

They were designed as baggage cars with space for train leader and crew. Built in '47 and '55 under marking "Ds" (changed in 1983 to Daa), equipped by steam heating pipes. Since they were replacing on passanger trains by newer models, they become used on cargo trains. As there is no steam heating on cargo trains, they were equipped by stoves (you could see smoke pipe on top) and marked as Daa-k ("k" stands for "kamna", czech word for coal stove) or by diesel agregate later on.

They are used with local cargo trains on CD or CD - Cargo (both companies has some) for the train crew. Not really used for braking.

ZelSluzebniVuzDaak_02.jpg

ZelSluzebniVuzDaak_01.jpg

• Like 1

Interesting note about track Bechyne - Tabor - that was first electrified track in Czech Republic, elektrified since 1903 by DC 1.5kV. It's a first track in central europe originaly designed and built as electrified rail.

Also interesting could be that original system designed by Frantisek Krizik was using three wires - two on trolleys like for trolley bus ( + 700 V DC and - 700 V DC ) and ground wire on track. It was changed in 1938 to standard two wires system.

• RMweb Gold

Thanks for the information on the 'brake' wagon.

I used ot see lots of them in sidings in various places in the Czech Republic but not so many these days.

The first time that I went to Dobris there was one in the sidings with the loco crew sitting in it having a break.

Not sure if it had come up on the freight that was hauled by a Bardotka though.

Ian

Yeah, a lot were going to smelters at the end of last century.

That's a pity that some of old shape wagons (like Px/Pao/Smmp - former military flat bend wagons for tanks) but newly renovated were displaced in thousands that time, ending in smelters, and now, they seems to be again reconstructed from those remaining forgotten in the middle of nowhere.

• RMweb Gold

Interesting note about track Bechyne - Tabor - that was first electrified track in Czech Republic, elektrified since 1903 by DC 1.5kV. It's a first track in central europe originaly designed and built as electrified rail.

Also interesting could be that original system designed by Frantisek Krizik was using three wires - two on trolleys like for trolley bus ( + 700 V DC and - 700 V DC ) and ground wire on track. It was changed in 1938 to standard two wires system.

I was very surprised by the route if the Bechyne line. Very twisty and far from straight.

Looked as if there was once quite a bit of freight traffic over the line, judging by the amount of sidings and rail served factories still there.

Bechyne is most likely going to be the plan I adopt for my branch terminus.....without the wires.....

Somewhere near Tabor is the working title.

Rob

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

This morning I picked up three of these trailers from the post office.

http://www.pojezdy.eu/eshop/h0-passenger-coaches/1379-h0-coach-010-unassembled-kit.html

These will now compliment the class 810 railcar and will also allow loco haulage.

On our first trip to Dobris we had a class 714 hauling quite a few trailers. They dropped one off in the sidings for use later in the day. This will give us a bit more variety when it comes to operating the layout.

Ian

• RMweb Gold

Very nice, Ian.

I take it these are Bramos?

Are they complete kits or do you have to source bits and bobs, other than paint etc..

Would you let us know how the build goes? I for one have not had much experience with resin kits and would welcome some tips.

Rob

Edited by nhy581

• RMweb Gold

Rob

Only had a quick look but they are plastic kits. I think that they are Bramos but they are not in a branded bag.

They do require wheels decals etc.

Will have a closer look tonight but resist making them yet as have plenty to do on the other layouts.

I now have all the turnouts enough flexi track cork etc aswell as nearly enough stock to run the layout so when I do make a start it should be a fairly quick build time.

Ian

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Looking forward too this Ian.

My own plans for a czech layout have been delayed as the railway room has been put back until April now.

In the mean time I am going to build my S&DJR terminus to test various techniques.

However I will look to sort out the buildings etc for the 'Somewhere near Tabor' project.

Rob

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Well, I'll add few words too :)

Those kits are same as Bramos is using - we both bought from the same source of plastic moulds.

Time to time, there are also available painted kits - the chasis in full color with pad printed texts and logos. Feel free to ask, I do not keep that in daily offer.

I also expect the kit of interior to go out for production soon (ok, soon means in a few months due to personal reason of author of that kit) and kit for DCC lights too.

• Like 2

• 5 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

No progress recently on the layout although one of the boards is set up as a workbench for another layout at the moment.

Another Bardotka has arrived and the detail bits added plus a few more wagons ordered.

There is now another potential show for early next year so the impetus to get the layout built has moved forward a bit.

Ian

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Are you spending Easter in the Czech Rep., Ian?

I found this particular VW Microbus crew cab variant to look very creepy:

Because of the colours. An old pal in Essex - Johnny Pharoahs - had one and very handy it was too, quite rare.

Best, Pete.

Edited by trisonic
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Pete

You will be glad to know that it didn't take long for us to get our first beer I Plzen in no other than the Pilsner Urquell Brewery itself.

Another vehicle obtained for the layout aswell.

Ian

post-1557-0-66526000-1398013082_thumb.jpg

Edited by roundhouse
  • Like 3