Dobris In HO - (pronounced Dobzhreesh) - derailed train

roundhouse

• RMweb Gold

Couldn't resist another Bardotka. This one had a Zimo decoder installed with Ben Zerbas specially done sound files whilst we sampled all of Starropramens beers in the brewery nearby.

The shop owner gave us a demo afterwards.

Photo taken on an 854 trailer between Praha Hlavní and Turnouts on our way to Smrzovka

post-1557-0-10734300-1398275074_thumb.jpg

Edited by roundhouse
  • Like 4

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • RMweb Gold

Found this image this evening, Ian.

You may well have seen it already but it is such a nice shot it merits reproduction here.

Caption reads; CSD Class 751 No. 751148 climbs out of the Vltava valley at Klinec, on the branch to Dobris (June 1993). These locos are being rebuilt with Electric Train Heat as class 749

Photo and scan by Andrew Cooke.

Rob.

post-14122-0-34674000-1405536906.jpg

• Like 5

• RMweb Gold

Indeed. Oh to re create the overgrown track work etc.Of course, I can only imagine the racket being made by the Bardotka.

Rob

"Tree Tunnels" are great ways of hiding 90 degree baseboard turns. Beautiful but quite intensive modelwise...

I’m marking this subject down for some photographic expeditions next year (on shortlines in the North East, USA).

I’ve been having serious free time issues this year.

Best, Pete.

• RMweb Gold

After setting up and laying track in the fiddleyard to match with the Fort Myers boards the first of the scenic area boards for Dobris has now been linked up to the fiddleyard.
The first few turnouts and track are now in place after deciding to run the tracks at a slight angle to the boards.
A few photos of progress as of a few minutes ago.

So a really good day working on two layouts.

post-1557-0-03115900-1405887663_thumb.jpg

post-1557-0-66472200-1405887682_thumb.jpg

post-1557-0-72313000-1405887709_thumb.jpg

Edited by roundhouse
  • Like 7

• RMweb Gold

Found this image this evening, Ian.

You may well have seen it already but it is such a nice shot it merits reproduction here.

Caption reads; CSD Class 751 No. 751148 climbs out of the Vltava valley at Klinec, on the branch to Dobris (June 1993). These locos are being rebuilt with Electric Train Heat as class 749

Photo and scan by Andrew Cooke.

Rob.

That photo has got me thinking. Maybe I can do some add on modules that I might be able to get away with using for other layouts. Might have to trim the trees back though!!

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Glad I sowed the seed, Ian. Thought the same myself fir when I finally start my efforts.

Rob

• RMweb Gold

Blimey Squeaky/Ian. I barely get my own boards to line up let alone to line up with some one else's. .....

Rob.

Edited by nhy581

• RMweb Gold

If you have been reading the UK modular thread you will see quite a big on this very subject. However after doing the Freemo US outline meet that Squeakey was also at, it's can be quite a simple task.

One for the future once we have built our layouts.

The legs that I am using on Dobris were the ones used on a Fort Myers at the Freemo meet so they get the rail tops to 45 inches above the floor.

I am hoping that I can get the next board set up tonight after a quick visit to Homebase toget more brass plates to do the alignment dowels.

Ian

• RMweb Gold

When we got home last night it was too hot to start getting into a really hot car to drive down to Homebase so the garage door was opened to let the breeze blow through the house and the garage.

More track was laid on the first scenic board.

This morng this track was wired up although the D connectors across the board joints still need ot be wired up but thats for another day. It was good to run the Bardotka over the trackwork but had to make sure the horn didn't sound otherwise her upstairs and the neighbours would not have been very happy being woken up before 6am!!

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Tonight the remaining boards had the alignment dowels fitted thrn they were set up in the garage ready for more track laying.

A couple of photos to show the planned track layout. I am short of five turnouts so they will be obtained over the weekend. The class 810 railcar and the Bardotka give some perspective to the overall size of the layout. Hopefully all the track will be laid this weekend.

post-1557-0-42831800-1406235108_thumb.jpg

post-1557-0-34098100-1406235126_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

• RMweb Gold

Looking good Ian. Nice to see your progress.

Rob

• RMweb Gold

Woke up in the early hours and suddenley remebered that I havent cut the slots under the track for the uncoupling magnets. There should be two under the track already laid so will have to use the router to cut them out.

I intend to use the Kadee under track magnets.

Anyway, that job is for tomorrow as we will be down on the Sussex coast today so a trip to Gaugemaster is planned as need more turnouts etc.

Could get expensive!!

Ian

• RMweb Gold

A good part of the day yesterday was spent laying track and wiring it up.

Unfortunately Gaugemaster were very low on Peco code 75 turnouts, turnouts so I am three short hence the loose track in the photos below. Will order the turnouts today so hopefully I can complete the track work by the weekend.

The holes for the Kadees under track magnets have now been cut and pieces of styrene sheet fitted within tbe depth of the cork sheet. The magnets will be stuck to the underside of these. The ballast will hide the styrene.

I had been contemplating using servos but after reading the thread on the Peco ones I think that for simplicity I will continue with SEEP solenoids as they are cheap and simple to fit.

Some of the D connectors for the cross baseboard wiring are in place but last night I temporarily bridged the joints and ran the Bardotka the full length of the layout. It's a noisy loco so had to stop about 9 PM so as not to disturb the neighbours!

post-1557-0-32253300-1406528943_thumb.jpg

post-1557-0-06752800-1406528972_thumb.jpg

Edited by roundhouse
  • Like 2

• RMweb Gold

This coming together really well, Ian.

I can't get over how big the layout looks. Very long.

Rob.

• RMweb Gold

Rob

It's 16 feet by 20inches with the fiddleyard although I may add another 2 feet to the fiddleyard. It's not too far off scale length although the sidi g that goes off to the front of the layout has had to be pulled in a bit.

Ian

• RMweb Gold

It uses the same legs as Fort Myers etc so currently the rail height sits at 45"above thr floor although the leg extensions will have to be removed for shows as the skirt would have a big gap below it. However it potentially can be connected up Freemo style as the fiddleyard also bolts on to Fort Myers at the trestle end and I will also fit banana plugs as an alternative means of electrical connection.