Rugby station movements summer 1948

rodger5591

In preparation for developing a timetable, I have been using the PC Rail simulation software, particularly the 'Crewe 1943 Summer Saturday' simulation.

My layout is fictional but based on the WCML, and I would like to construct an operating timetable for the layout based on movements through Rugby station in the summer of 1948.

Does anyone know if this kind of information is available already packaged somewhere as "a day in the life of (station)" (as it is for the simulation of Crewe 1943), or will I have to reconstruct it from timetables ? I have the LMR passenger timetables for the period, but haven't been able to find anything for freight or light engine movements in 1948. Googling for anything which includes the words 'timetable' and 'Rugby' turns up an awful lot on football and quite a lot on the curriculum in public schools, so not much help.

http://www.warwickshirerailways.com/misc/stations.htm is a good resource for period information but doesn't have exactly what I need.

Thanks in advance.

• RMweb Gold

You need to get hold of the station working book (if there was one for Rugby - I don't know) - this details all trains and which platforms they used and what happened to them (e.g. the 07:30 ex Birmingham shunts to the carriage sidings).

I have some LMS and LNWR ones but nothing for Rugby I'm afraid - but I understand why signalmen were skinny in some places at certain times of the year !

Archived