The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

I'm a non-reading touch typist

34theletterbetweenB&D

One of the practical jokes where I work is to swap around a few of the key tops on peoples keyboards when they are on a break etc. It doesn't half catch out the 'touch typists' who don't dother to check on the screen ehat theu are ytping...

One of the practical jokes where I work is to swap around a few of the key tops on peoples keyboards when they are on a break etc. It doesn't half catch out the 'touch typists' who don't dother to check on the screen ehat theu are ytping...

We have a selection of keyboards; some QUERTY, some AZERTY and yet others where the keys are formatted for the 'other' language. I've often see people close to tears when the machines just spat out the third, 'mis-typed' version of their password, and Information Services aren't due to be on site for another three hours...Fortunately, my user name enables me to see what the keyboard's formatted for, but others aren't so lucky.

Archived