Which way does this train go?

John_Hughes

I notice that the Northern Belle is advertising a trip from Brum to Portmeirion and the Ffestiniog in July.

Can anyone advise me whether this is a Cambrian Lines excursion or travelling along the north Wales coast with a coach connection to Port?

• RMweb Gold

Your Journey
Follow brunch on the Northern Belle with a trip on the historic Ffestiniog Steam Railway – the oldest railway company in the world still running trains. Travel through scenic Snowdonia National Park to Portmeirion, an eclectic hill village where visionary architect Clough William-Ellis brought his dream of an Italian-style resort to life.

Includes:

Brunch with Bellini on outward journey
    Trip on the Ffestiniog Steam Railway
    Admission to Portmeirion
    Free time to explore the village
    Guided coach transfer to the Northern Belle
    Dinner with Champagne and half a bottle of wine per person on return trip

http://www.orient-express.com/web/uktr/journeys/4_152792.jsp?date=06%20July%202013

Your Journey

Follow brunch on the Northern Belle with a trip on the historic Ffestiniog Steam Railway – the oldest railway company in the world still running trains. Travel through scenic Snowdonia National Park to Portmeirion, an eclectic hill village where visionary architect Clough William-Ellis brought his dream of an Italian-style resort to life.

Includes:

Brunch with Bellini on outward journey

Trip on the Ffestiniog Steam Railway

Admission to Portmeirion

Free time to explore the village

Guided coach transfer to the Northern Belle

Dinner with Champagne and half a bottle of wine per person on return trip

http://www.orient-express.com/web/uktr/journeys/4_152792.jsp?date=06%20July%202013

Yes, thanks, I'd seen that - but it doesn't say what the route is ;-)

Via Blaenau seems a possibility now I think of it! Thanks for the suggestion, Edwin!

• RMweb Gold

On the same day they also advertise Llechwedd Slate Caverns or Blaenau Ffestiniog at Leisure, with the same departure time from Birmingham, Wolverhampton and Shrewsbury.

The only question would be if it goes Shrewsbury-Crewe-Chester or Shrewsbury-Wrexham-Chester/Reverse to get to Llandudno Junction.

• RMweb Gold

Yes, thanks, I'd seen that - but it doesn't say what the route is ;-)

Via Blaenau seems a possibility now I think of it! Thanks for the suggestion, Edwin!

John - the trip on the Ffestiniog followed by exploring the village, to me at least, says train to Ffestiniog.

I bet the return coach is to Bangor and the train is boarded there,

Archived