New model shop in Gainsborough ?

drjcontroller

• RMweb Premium

Noticed a new model railway shop in Gainsborough the other day, think it was called "Mad about Trains" or something similar. Didn't have time to stop on the day but will have a run down there sometime this week.

Anyone been in to have a look ?

Douglas

• RMweb Premium

Yes I suppose I should have mentioned that really.

It's on Trinity Street, LHS as you are heading north from the A159/A631 roundabout. It's between the roundabout and the traffic lights where you turn right to go to Tesco.

Douglas

Not sure Mad About Trains and S & J are the same place. I believe there was an existing model shop along there but I came across Mad About Trains at Lincoln toyfair last week. I reckon it is a new venture, possibly on the same site as S&J but maybe not.

Not sure Mad About Trains and S & J are the same place. I believe there was an existing model shop along there but I came across Mad About Trains at Lincoln toyfair last week. I reckon it is a new venture, possibly on the same site as S&J but maybe not.

Found the flyer I picked up at Lincoln, Mad About Trains are at 132 Trinity St so not the same place as S & J. Flyer is advertising the usual RTR plus Guagemaster and a good selection of S/H

• 10 months later...
  • RMweb Premium

I've just been in Gainsborough today, unfortunately the shop "Mad about Trains" was shut today due to being at an exhibition ( I should have known better than to pick the Warley weekend to visit a small model shop! :rolleyes: ). I walked down Trinity Street and there does not appear to be another model shop on the same street so S&J does not seem to exist. Google Streetview is out of date, this shop doesn't appear on it.

Not to worry, you can park for free up to 2 hours in the parking bays on the streets in Gainsborough.

• RMweb Premium

I've just been in Gainsborough today, unfortunately the shop "Mad about Trains" was shut today due to being at an exhibition ( I should have known better than to pick the Warley weekend to visit a small model shop! :rolleyes: ). I walked down Trinity Street and there does not appear to be another model shop on the same street so S&J does not seem to exist. Google Streetview is out of date, this shop doesn't appear on it.

Not to worry, you can park for free up to 2 hours in the parking bays on the streets in Gainsborough.

Think they may have been at the Retford Show

36E

Archived