dcc sound in farish and dapol

BROADTRAIN1979

hello all'

Just wondering' if the tiny micro speaker

would fit farish or Dapol trains? especialy diesels' and are there 'any english diesel class sounds or old emu sounds' to use for these. Has anyone attempted this? thanks'

Mark.

In some ways the decoder space is more of a problem than the speaker. Once the old rmweb is back in archive mode and running do a search there. I've posted bits for original Farish 47, Farish 31, and Bachmann Farish 25 (which is a tight squeeze indeed) plus some other bits. For the DMUs its fairly easy as both the 108 and 150 are designed to take a 13mm speaker (or two one per vehicle) plus decoder. The diesels are considerably more "fun" projects although some like the original Farish 50/52/55 are actually relatively ok.

Can't help with English sounds I'm afraid as I am in Wales and clearly they sound different here ;)

More seriously for the small decoders

Digitrax 0416 - free downloads for 02/37/108 - all pretty average. I knocked up a quick set for a 26 but they need more work and notching projects

Loksound Micro - pricy but generally all the Loksound projects are available for the micro as well so the usual OO suppliers can help.

CT SL75 - pig to program, pretty much no "off the shelf" UK sounds but its smaller and louder than the others and probably has the best fine motor control

The SL75 is also extremely useful for steam locos as the 75 and attached speaker and tender pickups all fit in a standard Bachmann Farish/Farish tender for all the older 'motor in loco' designs.

Alan

In some ways the decoder space is more of a problem than the speaker. Once the old rmweb is back in archive mode and running do a search there. I've posted bits for original Farish 47, Farish 31, and Bachmann Farish 25 (which is a tight squeeze indeed) plus some other bits. For the DMUs its fairly easy as both the 108 and 150 are designed to take a 13mm speaker (or two one per vehicle) plus decoder. The diesels are considerably more "fun" projects although some like the original Farish 50/52/55 are actually relatively ok.

Can't help with English sounds I'm afraid as I am in Wales and clearly they sound different here ;)

More seriously for the small decoders

Digitrax 0416 - free downloads for 02/37/108 - all pretty average. I knocked up a quick set for a 26 but they need more work and notching projects

Loksound Micro - pricy but generally all the Loksound projects are available for the micro as well so the usual OO suppliers can help.

CT SL75 - pig to program, pretty much no "off the shelf" UK sounds but its smaller and louder than the others and probably has the best fine motor control

The SL75 is also extremely useful for steam locos as the 75 and attached speaker and tender pickups all fit in a standard Bachmann Farish/Farish tender for all the older 'motor in loco' designs.

Alan

hello alan'

well' it sounds complicated' i would need to go into this' considerably. As i stated on old forum' at present i use recorded edited real loco sounds' on my computer' to sync with my locos' like starting' idling moving 'slowing etc...which is ok' unless the loco stalls.It looks and sounds good' but' there is an art to it' believe me. Anyway thanks for the help' will certainly look into it.

regards Mark. :)

Hi

It is not as hard as you would think. I have done a fair few sound projects in n gauge. Currently working on a n gauge WC class with sound, smoke, firebox flicker and lights on loco as well as the tender. An A4 to follow that in n.

Slowly getting through a HST + 7 coaches which will have full prototypical lighting, sound and 3-4 decoders in it... in n gauge.

Ok so you want to know how it is done? 2 simple instructions.

1 Show no mercy with the dremel!

2 Take your time and know when to walk away.

If you are talking about the lok micro speaker, I have managed to fit it into every n project I have done, including fully sealing it and keeping it totally out of sight.

Hi

It is not as hard as you would think. I have done a fair few sound projects in n gauge. Currently working on a n gauge WC class with sound, smoke, firebox flicker and lights on loco as well as the tender. An A4 to follow that in n.

Slowly getting through a HST + 7 coaches which will have full prototypical lighting, sound and 3-4 decoders in it... in n gauge.

Ok so you want to know how it is done? 2 simple instructions.

1 Show no mercy with the dremel!

2 Take your time and know when to walk away.

If you are talking about the lok micro speaker, I have managed to fit it into every n project I have done, including fully sealing it and keeping it totally out of sight.

Be very interested to see pictures of how the WC was done..

Archived