any diesel loco haul two or one wagon of new parts

hi everyone

In 1989 - 1994 any diesel locomotives haul two or one wagon from BREL work to anywhere traction maintenance depot and servicing depot for new parts or new brake blocks or new wheel ?

i has seen somewhere class 58 haul one wagon with full new brake block

please give advice or photo

thank you

andrew

Hi Andrew,

I had not long started working for BREL in 1989, and if I recall correctly there was still some residual parts traffic moved by the wagonload. 

Certainly all our contracts had written into them, a requirement for us to send rolling stock parts and spares by rail freight services if such flows existed.  These requirements quietly faded from view in the early 90s though.

Not BREL, I know, but individual wagons of parts for UK-registered wagons failed on mainland Europe, and Continental vehicles failed in the UK, were sent by rail until about six-or-seven years ago. EWS kept a small pool of Ferry Tubes (OIX)for their share of this traffic. One morning, when looking out of the window in Coquelles, I was taken aback to see a single OIX, and two of the SNCF wagons also used, hauled by a pair of 92s. Overkill or what?

Not BREL, I know, but individual wagons of parts for UK-registered wagons failed on mainland Europe, and Continental vehicles failed in the UK, were sent by rail until about six-or-seven years ago. EWS kept a small pool of Ferry Tubes (OIX)for their share of this traffic. One morning, when looking out of the window in Coquelles, I was taken aback to see a single OIX, and two of the SNCF wagons also used, hauled by a pair of 92s. Overkill or what?

wrong answer means i am not aware that so i means diesel loco for new engine parts,new buffers,new wheels,new spring from BREL glasgow or crewe or doncaster or york to diesel depot by locomotive stabling by "NOT BE MOVED" for awaiting new parts from delivery by train from British Rail Engineering Work build new parts by OCA open wagon carry brake block and wheel , VDA closed van carry new engine part , electric parts, new buffers to delivery to traction maintenance depot

Archived