N C Keyser MOTORAIL

hayfield

Has anyone got a K's Motorail wagon they wish to sell/exchange please, as I would like one to complete my collection of K's wagons. (tried twice putting this request into the classifides)

Built or unbuilt is fine providing its in reasonable condition

Happy to buy/ swap/ built a scale turnout in exchange, providing price/request is acceptable

post-1131-0-70079000-1366362854.jpg

"Edit "Despite recieving a message that something has gone wrong, I now have an email that states the advert has been posted. Well done RMweb for not loosing it.

I may just have some bits around. I've seen a couple of bogies "somewhere" in my collection if that's any help.

The Ks Motorail was made as a special production for BR according to Mervyn Keyser when they were at Tubbs Road. The moulds were not of very good quality as they were made of brass and were only designed for a short run..

When Ks done the patterns for my VGA kit in the early 1980s I spoke with Mervyn about doing a run of the Motorail for me, using Hornby bogies. They done a few test shots for me but the moulds were almost useless then on the more modern injection moulding machines they had by that time.

I don't know what happened to the Motorail moulds or indeed my VGA moulds which I paid a lot of money for!

Archived