Diesel Loco Numbers & Data Plates

bobster

Hi All

Can anyone help in letting me know the correct size of BR Diesel Loco numbers please :scratchhead: (Standard size as used in the 1980's) - also are the stick on Data plates available to buy, and would like a good match for Gloss BR Rail Blue paint - have read that Ocean Blue is very close ??.

Reason being is that I have a couple of replica nameplates that I would like to mount on boards with Loco number/data-plate/shedcode sticker - They are too good just to put on the wall, so thought that I would try to make them look at home.

Not much to ask I know :whistle:  But Many thanks in advance.

Cheers.

Bob.

150mm high for the standard sized numbers. Some Scottish and some Western Region locos also had slightly larger numbers in the 1980s.

I don't know if any full size loco data panels have ever been available for the enthusiast but there are more than enough preserved locos that carry them so they must be available from somewhere.

If you want Rail Blue the easiest method would be to buy some spray cans of RailMatch.

150mm high for the standard sized numbers. Some Scottish and some Western Region locos also had slightly larger numbers in the 1980s.

I don't know if any full size loco data panels have ever been available for the enthusiast but there are more than enough preserved locos that carry them so they must be available from somewhere.

If you want Rail Blue the easiest method would be to buy some spray cans of RailMatch.

Hi Flood

Many thanks for the Info on the numbering & paint, I should be able to find the numbers ok - I have just found Data plates on the "Royal Scots Grey" website for Class 55, so hope that others are available somewhere.

Cheers.

Bob.

Hi Flood

Many thanks for the Info on the numbering & paint, I should be able to find the numbers ok - I have just found Data plates on the "Royal Scots Grey" website for Class 55, so hope that others are available somewhere.

Cheers.

Bob.

RailTraction supplies do data panels and numbers. Even though 150mm was the standard size, some of the numbers were actualy 155mm, as the original spec called for 6 inch numbers.

Al Taylor

RailTraction supplies do data panels and numbers. Even though 150mm was the standard size, some of the numbers were actualy 155mm, as the original spec called for 6 inch numbers.

Al Taylor

Hi Al

Many Thanks - Very Interesting website.

Cheers.

Bob.

Archived