German N Scale Decals

justin1985

I picked up a second hand Fleischmann N BR94 0-10-0 loco in Epoch 2 DR livery the other day. It had clearly not been touched for years, but had been "treated" to a rather crude weathering with thick black paint brush painted all over. With several hours of fiddling managed to get it running quite nicely again, and then tried to clean up the paintwork. IPA on a cotton bud did quite well at removing the gunk on the majority of the body and underframe, and left the lettering on the sides and bunker intact. However, it completely dissolved and removed the number on the smokebox door in one stroke!

Are there any easily available sources for N gauge DR numbers?

Thanks

Justin

• RMweb Premium

Justin, I suggest you have a look at Mr Nothaft's decal shop: http://www.modellbahndecals.de/index.php .

He can also provide you with customised letterings for all common scales and many required tools, if required. I have used his products for some of my recent loco moddings and am fully satisfied. He also obtained significant stocks of decals from the late Rupert Kreye, so if there should be anything specific from Mr Kreye's range, he might be able to help you out.

Do note that Mr Nothaft is currently moving house, so he might not be able to respond before 24 April and have a backlog of open orders to process, too.

Archived